Job Title : Fabrication Apprentice
Employer : Johnson Matthey
Location : Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5HE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11863
Brief Description : Working alongside a team of metal Fabricators and reporting to the Fabrication Team Leader, your role will be to produce bespoke products, both fabricated and machined components produced from precious metals, predominantly Platinum alloys and Iridium.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent, at Grade A* to C (or 9-4) including English, Math and Science, or a relevant Level 2 Intermediate apprentice
Vacancy Detail : Working alongside a team of metal Fabricators and reporting to the Fabrication Team Leader, your role will be to produce bespoke products, both fabricated and machined components produced from precious metals, predominantly Platinum alloys and Iridium, using lathes, mills, grinders, welders and traditional sheet metal equipment and hand skills set.
The position is a development role leading towards becoming an experienced Fabricator. You will develop the necessary skills to safely machine, weld, and fabricate sheet product under supervision and in accordance with operational standards through a programme of formal college-based education and direct practical learning resulting in an Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• Producing bespoke products, both fabricated and machined components produced from precious metals
• Operating lathes, mills, grinders, welders and traditional sheet metal equipment
• Taking responsibility for your own safety, complying with JMs safe working practices and following PPE direction and contributing to a healthy and safe working environment
• Completing a programme of training which involves apprentice assignments and taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
• Carrying out tasks and duties as directed by the Fabrication Team Leader that will contribute to the levels of performance and competence required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 38 hours per week Monday to Friday on day shift
Salary : £249.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Good communication skills
• Good attention to detail and the ability to record accurate information
• Ability to work alone as well as part of team
• Desire to build a career in science and/or operations
• Passion to learn, grow and develop yourself to your full potential
• Strong Health & Safety Awareness
Skills Required : No prerequisite experience required but a demonstrable interest in manufacturing
Be able to work well within a team
Take instructions well
Future Prospects : Permanent role
Training to be Provided : Engineering Maintenance NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma, EAL Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma, BTEC or VRQ. Plus English, maths and ICT Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. You will study a range of topics including: Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
Other Information : We offer competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to: free lunch, 25 days annual leave, solid training and development programme, medical cash plan, attractive company bonus scheme, share incentive plan and many more!
Things to consider : Due to the nature of this role applicants must be 18 years or older as of 1st September 2019. Anticipated start date of the role is August/September 2019.
The map below shows the employer's location