Job Title : Fabrication Engineer Apprentice
Employer : H.W. Martin Traffic Management Limited
Location : Market Harborough , LE16 7PX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12252
Brief Description : This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work in welding and fabrication. You will be working with the production of heavy haulage trailers.
You will also construct fabrications and components correctly and within a design specification.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will ideally have GCSE at grades 9-3(A*-D) in English, maths and science or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : This Company is based in Market Harborough and they are looking for the right apprentice to join their team. Could this be you? If the answer is yes then have a look at the job description below to see what sort of duties you would be required to do as a Fabrication Engineer Apprentice:
- Welding and fabrication of light/medium/heavy gauge steel within specified tolerances and standards.
- You will learn to have proficiency with fabrication tools, including, but not limited to: welding sets / plasma cutting tools / flame cutting tools / grinders / disc cutters
and hand tooling.
- Acquire knowledge of various gauges of steel and metalwork.
- To understand and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to a degree that enables a component to be fabricated accurately and within specification.
- Work alongside the Quality Technician and Production Supervisor regarding the avoidance and rectification of present or future quality issues.
- Ensure that all company procedures, including quality procedures are adhered to and ensure that any relevant documentation is in order and signed.
- Be responsible for reporting and upholding health and safety and quality control within designated areas.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Thurs 7am to 5pm - 38 paid hours per week (30 mins paid lunch / 30 mins unpaid lunch per day)
Salary : £ 190.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 01/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/07/2021
Personal Qualities : Dedication
Honesty and a willingness to learn
An understanding that careers take time to grow
A good eye for detail
Conscientious work ethic
Skills Required : Ability to listen to a mentor and communicate well with others
Ability to hold an object in their hand for a long period of time
Understanding and/or experience of tape measures, spirit levels (at least the principles of their application)
Future Prospects : Potential full time position on successful completion of Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Engineering Operative – Level 2
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
Other Information : Regular pay reviews linked to competence
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location