Job Title : Quantity Surveying Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Mynott Limited Associates
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 0UD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12324
Brief Description : Mynott are looking for a driven individual to support all teams within the business to achieve the overall service to Mynott Associates clients. The successful candidate will promote the services provided by Mynott Associates, and to ensure all aspects of the day to day activities in their busy office are achieved.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-3 (A*-D) including maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : Mynott are looking for a driven individual to support all teams within the business to achieve the overall service to Mynott Associates clients. The successful candidate will promote the services provided by Mynott Associates, and to ensure all aspects of the day to day activities in their busy office are achieved. The apprentice must we willing to undertake all administrative aspects of working in a busy office where your tasks will vary daily and be able to prioritise your workload to meet client and internal deadlines.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Be first point of contact for inbound telephone enquiries.
2. Meet and greet visitors where necessary.
3. Support the Pre-Contract Co-Ordinator in the production of Bills and to meet deadlines.
4. Support the Business Development Team to meet budgets/targets for the financial year.
5. Proof reading and typing of manual calculations for final draft.
6. Data entry checking.
7. The print and fold of technical drawings ready for posting.
8. Ensure all items for posting are with the Post Office ahead of last collection.
9. To complete all actions relevant to ensure the company archive system is kept up-to-date in accordance with procedures.
10. To schedule and complete follow up calls to establish success of clients on projects to enable company archive records to be kept up to date.
11. Input data to the business (Customer Records Management) CRM Database and Contract File Spreadsheet with the most up to date information.
12. Work with the Finance Manager to ensure paperwork is ready for billing/month end.
13. To ensure all Consultant QS (Professional Indemnity) PI documentation is up to date and held on file.
14. To attend internal meetings as required.
15. To carry out any other duties relevant to the business objectives that may be required from management, not specifically detailed above.
1. To liaise with other staff members concerning workload and assist them where necessary.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our Pre-Contract Co-Ordinator, Management Accountant, Business Development Manager, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Office Manager to gain experience across various aspects of the business.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 08.00 - 17.00
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 13/10/2021
Personal Qualities : Eager to learn and develop
Ability to prioritise tasks
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace environment
Mynott are looking for a driven individual to fill their Quantity Surveying Administrator Apprentice vacancy. You must we willing to undertake all administrative aspects of working in a busy office where your tasks will vary daily and be able to prioritise your workload to meet client and internal deadlines.
Skills Required : Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel etc. - Proficient
Future Prospects : There may be a potential full-time position within the pre- contracts team upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
You will also study a range of topics, including: IT, record and document production, decision making, planning and organisation, project management, policies, relevant regulations, stakeholders, processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location