Job Title : Engineering Operative Apprentice
Employer : A&N Engineering Services Limited
Location : Kettering, NN16 8PX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12258
Brief Description : This is a great opportunity to become an Engineering Operative Apprentice. You will learn about workshop best practice and you will learn to program and use Haas, XYZ and Hyundai. You will be trained on CNC Mills, Lathes and a Trotec Laser. Are you interested?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will ideally have GCSE at grades 9-3(A*-D) in English, maths and science or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : This employer is looking for an apprentice who is interested in engineering. They will teach you workshop best practice, the use of hand tools, inspection tools, reading technical drawings, working to tolerances, how to use the CNC machines, you will learn about programming, design fixtures, coding, tool selection and much more. Want to know more?
On a typical day you will:
- Check current orders and select or, be given a drawing for a component from a current order, find the correct oversize material from the stock rack and cut the
material using the appropriate saw.
- Learn to read technical production drawings, taking into account all the features, tolerances and choose the best way to hold the material within the milling
machine or lathe to enable the manufacture of the component with a view to minimum setups while maintaining correct tolerances
- Learn to program the milling machines and lathes using Fanuc, Siemans and Haas programming language
- Learn how to use 3D CAM software that will use customer supplied 3d step files
- While the parts are being manufactured you will be inspecting manufactured parts using inspection hand tools and checking part quantities manufacture match
the part quantities ordered
- Help other engineers with their manufacturing jobs
- Offload lorries using a motorised pallet stacker
- Check or pick material for the next available job, cutting it and getting it ready
- Wipe down the machine between jobs, ensuring the workstation is reasonably free from swarf
In time you will be checking other engineers work!
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Thursday 07:30-16:00 - Friday 07:30 - 15:00 (30 mins lunch break)
Salary : £ 234.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 16/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 31/05/2021
Personal Qualities : Not afraid to ask questions
Honesty and a willingness to learn
A good eye for detail
Conscientious work ethic
Skills Required : Must have lots of common sense
High regard for health and Safety
Driving license an added bonus
Ability to listen to a mentor and communicate well with others
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will become fully qualified and employed full time.
Training to be Provided : Engineering Operative – Level 2
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
Other Information : This role will require standing all day.
Employer will try not to do overtime, but sometimes staff are asked to do overtime of an evening or on a Saturday to ensure a customer order is produced on time, but this is a rare occurrence.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location