Job Title : HR Apprentice
Employer : Sharnbrook Academy
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK43 7RE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12161
Brief Description : The Apprentice will support the effective delivery of HR services across the Trust, in particular supporting the processes relating to payroll processing, recruitment and selection and employee relations.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent including English and maths.
A level qualifications (Desirable)
Vacancy Detail : The Apprentice will support the effective delivery of HR services across the Trust, in particular supporting the processes relating to payroll processing, recruitment and selection and employee relations.
We are searching for a bright and ambitious individual to join our central HR administration team as an Apprentice, currently based at Harrold Primary Academy. Under the direction of the HR Administrator, you will support the effective delivery of HR services across the Trust, in particular supporting the processes relating to payroll processing, recruitment and selection and employee relations. Through work experience, studying, coaching and training, you will develop extensive HR knowledge and experience.
As you progress through your apprenticeship programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced HR team who will support and guide you through the process.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
Salary : £362.97 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2020
Personal Qualities : • Enjoy working with people
• Self-motivated and self-reliant with a readiness to learn as well as seek and accept support
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Must work with discretion and confidentiality at all times
• A flexible approach to working hours to ensure requirements are met
Skills Required : • Good standard of IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail and internet)
• Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills and able to deal courteously and helpfully with staff at all levels
• Able to work as part of a flexible and pro-active team
• Calm and efficient even under pressure and in difficult situations
• Ability to organise time and workload effectively
• Good administrative, planning and organisational skills
• Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
• Have good spoken and written communication skills
• Be confident about gathering facts and statistics and making financial calculations
Future Prospects : To be a strong member of the centralised Trust HR team
Training to be Provided : Course content
The Certificate in HR Practice includes the following units:
Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information
Performance and Reward Management
Managing Employee Relations
Developing Yourself as an Effective HR Practitioner
You will gain the following qualifications:
HR Practice Foundation CIPD Level 3 Certificate
HR Support Apprenticeship Level 3
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : You will attend Bedford College one evening a week
*Please note that this vacancy may close early due to high volumes of applications*
The map below shows the employer's location