Job Title : Machining Apprentice
Employer : UPE Engineering Ltd
Location : Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3AN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12077
Brief Description : Machining (Workshop based). Developed utilising the most advanced equipment covering CNC Milling, CNC Turning, and Inspection, by our highly skilled workforce.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you must have 5 GCSEs A*- C / 9-4 in English, Maths and Science or equivalent qualification. Or previous experience in engineering is desirable but not essential.
Vacancy Detail : Machining (Workshop based). Developed utilising the most advanced equipment covering CNC Milling, CNC Turning, and Inspection, by our highly skilled workforce.
The candidate will be developed utilising the most advanced equipment covering :
1. CNC Milling , programming/setting/operating/inspection
2. CNC Turning, programming/setting/operating/inspection
3. Using CMMs, height gauges, shadowgraphs, contraces, & surface testers,
4. Using micrometers, bore micrometers, depth micrometers, digital verniers, & clocks.
5. Using flatness testing, gauging methods, & thread gauges
6. Calibration accuracy
7. Company Metrics - understanding of the Companies /cell metrics, & individual performance measures
8. Understanding of machine capability & SPC
9. Problem solving techniques also including learning all aspects of the manufacturing process.
10. Will also include mechanical assembly and department inspection.
UPE Engineering greatest asset is its employees, all of which are very knowledgeable and highly skilled. Our employees are willing to share their skills, knowledge and expertise thus creating a great learning opportunity for the chosen individual. The company program will be supported with formal qualifications in conjunction with Bedford College. The business objective is to train and develop the candidate to a competent level and to become a highly valued member of our team. There are no development limitations meaning further progress and development will be forthcoming if the candidate works hard and demonstrates the right attitude and performs to the exacting standard expected. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a successful organisation and flourish.
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm 40 hours per week
Salary : £185.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/09/2020
Personal Qualities : Must be a conscientious, hardworking, team player with can do attitude, the determination to succeed are also key to the role.
Skills Required : Logical, methodical, and problem solving skills, preferably hands on with an aptitude to be inquisitive and resourceful.
Future Prospects : There are few limitations for the right applicant, The expectation at minimum is that the apprentice develops into a much valued member of our highly skilled team.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship Standard for Engineering Operative Level 2
• EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Compentence)
• EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations Diploma (Knowledge)
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• Independent End Point Assessment on completion of employer sign off of competence
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
Other Information : All applicants will require an initial assessment with a member of the apprenticeship recruitment team within Bedford College. Applicants will also be required to complete a mandatory maths and English online assessment.
Things to consider : The workshop environment at UPE Engineering is very clean and modern. The role will involve being on your feet most of the day. All PPE is provided by the company.
The map below shows the employer's location