Job Title : Recruitment Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Bedford College Professional Services
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9AH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12049
Brief Description : Working as a Recruitment Administrator Apprentice you will undertake administrative duties relating to the recruitment of apprentices, primarily supporting the co-ordination of Apprenticeship Assessment Workshops across Bedford College Group campuses.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : Working as a Recruitment Administrator Apprentice you will undertake administrative duties relating to the recruitment of apprentices, primarily supporting the co-ordination of Apprenticeship Assessment Workshops across Bedford College Group campuses.
As a Recruitment Administrator Apprentice you will be responsible for supporting the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team on a daily basis. Your duties will include:
• Assisting the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team by monitoring apprenticeship applications.
• Running a daily spreadsheet of all applicants requiring an interview with the Apprenticeship Recruiters.
• Making contact with apprentice applicants via email, telephone call and text to book them in for an interview.
• Logging interviews on the College Recruitment system and in the recruiter’s diary.
• Setting up English and math’s assessments for apprentice applicants, email them with instructions and log in details.
• Monitoring applicants to ensure they have carried out their English and math’s assessments and log their results on to the recruitment database.
• Send out a weekly mailer to the appropriate contacts in regards to apprenticeship vacancies.
• To be responsible for all administrative duties in relation to the Apprenticeship Assessment Workshops including booking candidates in, managing the booking system, confirming attendance, assigning logins for English and math assessments, preparing interview packs and invigilating assessments.
• To assist the team in diary management and making sure that all bookings are correctly recorded and input to the relevant colleague.
• To assist the team at external and internal events, including school events, College open days, and careers and job fairs.
• To record, track and input data accurately and efficiently, continuing to comply with the GDPR regulations.
• To record all activities on the College’s customer relationship management (CRM) database in line with College policies and procedures.
• To build strong relationships with key staff and departments across the College to ensure an effective two-way flow of information and co-ordination of activities.
• To attend regular meetings with line manager to report on performance.
• To deliver a high level of customer service and exceeds customer expectations.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
Salary : £174.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 30/03/2020
Personal Qualities : The ability to work well within a team
• Willingness to continuously update skills and knowledge
• Flexible approach to work patterns, with the ability to work evenings as required
• To have a high degree of flexibility and can-do attitude.
Skills Required : • A high level of English grammar and spelling.
• Accurate typing skills.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills, with good attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative.
•Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and cope well with tight deadlines.
•Ability to communicate confidently with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• A polite, confident and friendly telephone manner.
•Excellent attention to detail.
•Able to follow written instructions
•Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
• Team player and a mature approach to work
Future Prospects : Potential full time employment within the Business Development and Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : The apprentice may be required to travel between sites from time to time.
The apprentice needs to have a flexible approach to work patterns, with the ability to work evenings and events as required
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : The apprentice will be paid wage for age:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW)
£8.21 per hour (if 25 or over)
£7.70 per hour (if aged 21 to 24 years)
£6.15 per hour (if aged 18 – 20 years)
£4.35 per hour (if under 18 years but above the compulsory school age)
The map below shows the employer's location