Job Title : Component Technician Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12022
Brief Description : This apprenticeship role will start in September 2020 and will involve learning all aspects of component testing and the skills required including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and general fabrication skills.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including English, maths and science , or equivalent, or a technical subject such as engineering.
Vacancy Detail : This apprenticeship role will start in September 2020 and will involve learning all aspects of component testing and the skills required including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and general fabrication skills.
Millbrook is one of Europe’s leading locations for the development, safety testing and demonstration of every type of land vehicle from motorcycles, passenger cars, heavy commercial, military and off road vehicles.
This role will require excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Roles and responsibilities
This role is a Component Test Technician working with engineers and customers to produce the best test rig/cycle to develop their product. You will develop all or most of the skills listed above to ensure this happens.
Key role and responsibilities will include:
• Setting up test rigs and test samples.
• Maintenance of test equipment
• Manufacture of rigs.
• Test execution and observation.
• Liaise with engineers and customers as required.
• Recording of results with measuring equipment and photographing.
• Will be given specific responsibility for certain items of laboratory equipment and their calibration.
• Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm 40 hrs pw
Salary : £275.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Positive attitude
• Mature approach to work
• Enthusiasm for engineering
• Keen desire to achieve academically
Skills Required : • Good general level of education
• Competent in the use of IT including inputting and analysis of data
• An interest in the construction and operation of both electronic and mechanical equipment
• Excellent communication skills
• Health and Safety awareness
Future Prospects : Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training and development and may also progress on to other vehicle engineering roles.
Training to be Provided : • During this Apprenticeship, you will undertake the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3
• Technical Support Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – Level 3 AME – Technical Support Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• End point assessment
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
Other Information : • Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
• Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
• Flexibility to travel as and when required
• Full UK driving license (preferable)
• SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
Things to consider : To apply please submit your application, cover letter and CV Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with Assessment Centre’s taking place in April 2020.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
The map below shows the employer's location