Job Title : Receptionist Apprentice
Employer : Bedford College Professional Services
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9AH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12033
Brief Description : As a Receptionist Apprentice, you will be responsible for supporting the Customer Service Advisers, providing a high quality, professional reception service. You will ensure that the College’s standards of service are met when greeting customers.
Qualifications Required : • English and mathematics at GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
• GCSE ICT at grade A*-C/9-4, ITQ Level 2 or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : As a Receptionist Apprentice, you will be responsible for supporting the Customer Service Advisers, providing a high quality, professional reception service. You will ensure that the College’s standards of service are met when greeting customers.
As a Receptionist Apprentice, you will be responsible for supporting the Customer Service Advisers, providing a high quality, professional reception service. You will ensure that the Bedford College Group’s standards of service are met when greeting customers.
The apprentice will be responsbile for providing a professional, high quality reception service to customers in line with the Group’s customer service charter, supporting Customer Service Advisors work towards recruitment and conversion targets.
The apprentice will be working to support the team with administrative duties as identified by the Senior Customer Contact Manager including:
• Managing and updating course joining instructions.
• Ensuring customers receive the appropriate room confirmation notifications.
• Supporting the Senior Customer Contact Manager with administration relating to the customer experience.
• Supporting the team with the administration of events, including signing in all interview attendees.
• Responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns
• Collecting and distributing post.
• Maintaining the department’s stationery cupboard, including ordering and stock control.
• Co-ordinating and communicating the duty manager rota.
• Maintaining and distributing the duty manager handbook.
• To maintain the departments section of the staff intranet.
Within this role the Apprentice will work effectively as a member of the Sales & Marketing Directorate, carrying out any other associated duties as directed by the Admissions and Conversion Manager or Head of Enquiries and Admissions including:
• To participate in recruitment events run by the Group, such as College Open Days as well as particiupating in internal and external events.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm, Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
Salary : £174.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 11/05/2020
Personal Qualities : • Ability to be helpful and go out of your way to help our customers
• Ability to demonstrate professional behaviour and appearance at all time and wear the college uniform that will be provided
• Willingness to continuously update skills and knowledge
• Flexible approach to work patterns, with the ability to work evenings and occasional Saturdays as required
• Capacity and willingness to travel independently to the Group’s campuses.
• Ability to remain calm, patient and polite, when receiving customer feedback
• The ability to work well within a team
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children, young people and vulnerable adults
Skills Required : •Ability to be friendly and welcoming to our customers, to create a positive working and learning environment
• Ability to maintain computerised and manual record systems
• A good telephone manner
• Able to prioritise and manage a busy and challenging work environment
• Confident when dealing with high peaks of activity in a calm and efficient manner
• Ability to work in line with the Bedford College Group values of: Student Focus, High Performance, Respect, Openness, Honesty
• Ability to make a positive contribution to the team, valuing and respecting others’ expertise and contribution
• Ability to promote our outstanding reputation and carry out our business appropriately and professionally at all times
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently face to face, on the telephone and in writing
• Experience of using the internet and receiving and sending email
Future Prospects : After successfully completing the Level 2 qualification in the first year you will be able to complete your Level 3 with us the following year.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 plus ...Functional Skills in English and maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: Knowing your customers, Understanding your organisation, Meeting regulations and legislation, Systems and resources, Your role and responsibility, Customer experience, Product and service knowledge, Interpersonal skills, Communication
Other Information : Term Time Hours: Monday 8:00am-5:00pm, Tuesday to Thursday 8.00am-6:00pm and Friday 8.00am-1.00pm. NB: these are subject to change.
Holiday Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm, and Friday 8.00am-4.30pm. NB: these are subject to change.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : The successful candidate must be highly organised and flexible in both their working pattern and responsibilities, especially during our peak periods.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW)
£8.21 per hour (if 25 or over)
£7.70 per hour (if aged 21 to 24 years)
£6.15 per hour (if aged 18 – 20 years)
£4.35 per hour (if under 18 years but above the compulsory school age)
The map below shows the employer's location