Job Title : LOCKHEED MARTIN UK - Production Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Lockheed Martin UK Insys Limited
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2HD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11749
Brief Description : Lockheed Martin are looking to recruit for an Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technicians, supporting the build of leading Armoured Fighting Vehicles to start in September 2019.
Qualifications Required : Candidates must have
An interest in Mechanical & Electrical Manufacturing through either practical experience or study
.•A levels in a relevant subject or equivalent
•GCSE A*-C or be predicted a 5 - 9 in Maths, English and Science or a Technical subject
•Have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and a desire to learn new skills
•Additionally, if you have technical / hands on interests or hobbies, we would be very interested to hear about them. Please ensure these are included on your CV.
Vacancy Detail : An apprenticeship with Lockheed Martin will help you to develop the practical skills and knowledge that you will need to join a highly skilled team of Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technicians, supporting the build of leading Armoured Fighting Vehicles.This is an exciting opportunity for two dedicated and committed individuals to grow as Engineers within our company.
The job will involve training in the following:
• A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting techniques on Armoured Fighting Vehicles
• Interpreting drawings and working from written instructions.
• Use of hand tools and measuring equipment.
• Liaise with Engineering and manufacturing team leaders to improve machining methods and design
• Use problem solving techniques to solve process related issues
• Ability to prioritise work load in order to meet deliverable commitment timelines
• Experience of 6 ‘S’ principles and lean manufacturing / continuous improvement tools and techniques
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5hrs pw Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Salary : £279.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2019
Personal Qualities : You must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and a desire to learn new skills to be considered for this role.
• Additionally, if you have technical / hands on interests or hobbies, we would be very interested to hear about them.
Skills Required : We are looking for individuals with the following skills set:
• An interest in Mechanical & Electrical engineering through either practical experience or study.
• A school leaver with GCSE’s to include Maths, English and Science or a technical subject.
• Have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and a desire to learn new skills
• Additionally, if you have technical / hands on interests or hobbies, we would be very interested to hear about them
Future Prospects : A Lockheed Martin Apprenticeship will help you to develop the practical skills and knowledge that you will need to join a highly skilled team of Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technicians, supporting the build of leading Armoured Fighting Vehicles
Training to be Provided : During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety
•Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
•Electrical and Electronic Principles
•Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding
•Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding
You will also study specialist units depending on the pathway you choose.
The qualifications you will study to achieve will depend on your chosen pathway, and include:
NVQs (work-based learning)
•Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma
•Engineering Maintenance NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma
•Fabrication and Welding Engineering NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma
•Engineering Technical Support NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma.
Technical Certificates (classroom-based learning)
•Fabrication and Welding Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma
•EAL Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma.
You will also have the opportunity to achieve the following additional qualifications:
•English, maths and ICT Functional Skills
•Employee Rights and Responsibilities
•Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATES MUST HOLD A UK BASED PASSPORT AND BE PREPARED TO UNDERGO FULL SECURITY CLEARANCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP WITH LOCKHEED MARTIN UK.
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A FULL CV WITH THIS APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
The map below shows the employer's location