Job Title : Painter and Decorator Apprentice
Employer : M J HILLERY & SONS
Location : Kettering, Northants, NN16 0HD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12310
Brief Description : M J Hillery in Kettering are looking for a Painter and Decorator Apprentice. You will be working with a time served professional tradesperson as a mentor, learning how to apply different products and coverings to domestic and commercial properties. Is this the apprenticeship you have been looking for?
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum 2 GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent, including Mathematics and English.
Vacancy Detail : If you see yourself as the next apprentice painter and decorator for M J Hillery in Kettering then please read the job description below.
- Preparing different surfaces for application of finishes
- You will receive full training to execute professional application of paints and stains
- Learn how to prepare walls and to lay wall paper
- Prepare surface for textured finishing and learn how to apply a textured finish
- Protecting customers property
- You will learn all aspect of health and safety
- Cleaning down post works and leaving jobs pristine for the customer
- Some of the work you will do will be on site, but most of the work is domestic
- You will be transported from the company premises to various locations
You will need to be able to arrive at the company premises at 7.45am unless the employer is able to you pick up on route, you will either be returned to their premises or dropped off at home.
The jobs are generally Northamptonshire based
The company will provide PPE and tools for the duration of the apprenticeship
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with an hour for breaks
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 01/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 16/08/2021
Personal Qualities : Smart appearance
Ability to work as a team member
Skills Required : Physically fit
Ability to follow instructions
Good communicate with your colleagues and mentor
Good practical / hands on skills, desired but not essential
Future Prospects : Full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including: Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms , Prepare surfaces for decoration , Apply paint systems by brush and roller, Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls, Produce specialist decorative finishes
Other Information : You will need to be able to arrive at the company premises at 7.45am unless the employer is able to pick you up on route, you will either be returned to their premises or dropped off at home.
The jobs are generally Northamptonshire based.
The company will provide PPE and tools for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location