Job Title : Carpentry Apprentice
Employer : Matthew Oxborough Carpentry Solutions
Location : Kettering, NN15 6RA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12297
Brief Description : This Kettering based employer is looking for a Carpentry Apprentice. You will predominantly be working externally on roofs and joists with some first fix on new builds.
For full details of the job description please see below:
Qualifications Required : You will ideally need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent, including maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : The successful Carpentry Apprentice will carry out the following duties:
• You will learn and support with first fix - fitting door and window frames, door linings, flooring, stud work and staircases
• Roofing (inclined roofs and joists)
• Learn how to measure, cut and build using materials
• Follow all health and safety procedures in the workplace at all times
• General site maintenance at different locations for which you will be taken to each day
• Ensure that all tools are clean and put away correctly at the end of each day
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am - 4.30pm - Monday - Friday (half hour for lunch)
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 27/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 12/07/2021
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation
• Attention to detail
Skills Required : • Good practical skills
• Organised approach to work
• Good math skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
• Reasonable level of fitness
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Other Information : Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Applicants will need to get to work, so being able to drive is an advantage.
The map below shows the employer's location