Job Title : Engineering Operative Apprentice
Employer : Nampak Holdings Ltd
Location : Newport Pagnell, MK16 9QJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12290
Brief Description : First Circle are looking to take on an eager engineering apprentice to join their team to maintain allocated machine production to agreed standards of performance and to ensure that Company standards are maintained with specific regards to health and safety, quality hygiene and housekeeping, and business performance.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you will ideally hold 3 GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) ideally including English and maths and science or equivalent
Vacancy Detail : First Circle are looking to take on an eager engineering apprentice to join their team to maintain allocated machine production to agreed standards of performance and to ensure that Company standards are maintained with specific regards to health and safety, quality hygiene and housekeeping, and business performance.
• Maintain production on the machines allocated to meet agreed standards of quality and output.
• Check both primary and secondary bottle testers at the start of each shift. If primary tester is in operation on the machine this must be checked as well.
• Complete the required number of quality checks as per instructions.
• Any faults found should be rectified immediately. Inform the Shift Team Manager. Some production may need to be put on hold.
• Log all relevant information accurately in the machine logbook.
• Comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
• Maintain Hygiene and Quality Standards.
• Carry out a full machine safety check on the machines in your care within the first two hours of every shift.
• Log all relevant information in the space provided in the machine logbook and complete the form Safety Inspection (Guards) A0086CB.
• Maintain housekeeping to the highest standard at all times. This should be ongoing throughout the shift.
• The machine areas shall be kept in a clean tidy and safe condition.
• Log all relevant information in the Machine Logbook under H.A.C.C.P.S / and the Cleaning Schedule Logbook.
• Work as a team with other members of staff to ensure efficient machine operation.
• Always ask a team member to watch your machines for you.
Before: Carrying out quality checks, cleaning around your work area and emptying scrap bins, and checking chippers.
• Carry out any reasonable request from the Shift Team Manager.
• Participate in a call-out system as outlined in the terms of employment/offer letter.
• Attend any training courses or inter-site visits deemed applicable to enhance your skill level to the benefit of the site.
• Co-operate with any trials or changes to working practices that take place.
• Suggest improvements to the working methods that will increase productivity, aid effectiveness of production, improve quality and enhance Health and Safety.
• These duties are not 'limited' or 'fixed' and you may be required to take on additional reasonable responsibilities, as our business needs change.
• Adherence to all company policies, procedures, and work instructions as relevant.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hrs PW Mon - Fri 8am till 4.30pm
Salary : £ 250.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 13/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 12/07/2021
Personal Qualities : Positive attitude
Skills Required : Logical thinking
Good maths and science
An understanding of why health and safety is important will be advantageous
Future Prospects : For the right candidate, their is the opportunity to move into a full time role or to a level 3 engineering qualification.
Training to be Provided : Engineering Operative – Level 2
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
Other Information : Make sure that you have thoroughly thought through your travel arrangements to both work and college. this position is based in Newport Pagnell, but you will be required to attend Bedford College as part of this apprenticeship programme.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location