Job Title : Quality Technician Apprentice
Employer : SPIROL Industries Ltd
Location : Corby, NN17 4ET
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12287
Brief Description : Spirol Industries are a Corby employer who are looking for a Quality Technician Apprentice. The successful candidate will receive training to conduct testing on products as part of their manufacturing process, and issue reports on findings. For more details look at the full job description and responsibilities.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will ideally have GCSE at grades 9-4(A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent and a level 3 in Engineering.
Vacancy Detail : JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Quality Technician Apprentice will receive training to conduct testing on products, prepare product reports, analyse and interpret results, compile information and report quality information for management meetings.
The Quality Technician Apprentice will identify quality trends and issues which require management attention and submit analysis/reports to management for action. The person within this role will conduct audits of products and processes.
The Quality Technician Apprentice will assist in the coordination and conducting of studies in production, gathering the study information and compiling reports. Reports are submitted to the Quality Engineer for review and determination of additional actions.
You will study on a day release for one day per week at the local college which offers the apprenticeship for engineering and manufacturing technician.
1. Promote continuous improvement in all aspects.
2. Inspect, test and record specification and quality requirements as required, through use of forms and/or work order completion.
3. Compile and analyze test data into report form, and propose recommendations based upon results.
4. Perform Lab Testing and operate test equipment to standards and per documented instructions as required.
5. Initiate supply requisitions and ensure all lab supply levels are adequate to support the lab activities.
6. Coordinate capability studies and compile results of such studies for submission to Quality Engineer.
7. Process all sample inspection/approval submissions in a timely manner.
8. Work from engineering documents and technical specification which determine acceptance and rejection.
9. Perform gage calibration and verification. Ensuring integrity of gage calibration database.
10. To complete different aspects of the apprenticeship scheme, ensuring assignments are submitted in a timely manner.
11. Document customer, internal and supplier discrepancies in the corrective database.
12. Use QA software for applicable duties, for which training will be given.
13. Customer contact for technical information or complaints. You must be accurate and responsive to all customer inquiries.
14. Shall be knowledgeable in customer quality requirements/specifications.
15. Enter information into IMDS database, for which training will be given.
16. Conduct internal audits as assigned.
17. Any other job related duties as required by the Quality Assurance Engineer or Manager.
1. Able to shut down any process which is producing non-conforming product.
2. Authorize return of samples, as needed, to verify customer complaints.
3. Hold stock from shipping which has not passed or completed testing.
4. Coordinate work based on daily requirements, through the Quality Department.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
1. Inspections conducted and documented per laboratory instructions within specified timeframes.
2. Accurate and timely compilation of inspection/approval submission packages.
3. Maintain laboratory equipment in optimum working condition.
4. Implementation of QA policies and directives from the Quality Assurance Manager.
5. You will be working with a training provider, where regular meetings will be made to discuss your performance and will include the quality of your work.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 7am - 15:30pm
Salary : £ 262.40 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 20/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 28/06/2021
Personal Qualities : Great attention to detail
Good attendance record
A can-do attitude
Skills Required : Excellent written and verbal communication
A desire to learn and interest in engineering
Working knowledge of excel software
Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form on a daily basis with any and all related personnel, departments and customers
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship the individual has the opportunity to move into a Manufacturing Engineer role or Quality Engineer role within the organisation
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Higher National Certificate in Engineering
- Level 2 Functional skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics including: engineering mathematics, electro- mechanical fundamental science, PLC and automation, pneumatic and hydraulic applications, electronic and electrical principles, mechanical principles and many more
Other Information : Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location