Job Title : School Administration Apprentice
Employer : Harlington Upper School
Location : Dunstable, LU5 6NX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12285
Brief Description : A new position has become available at Harlington Upper School undertaking office and administrative support to the school front office and library area.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate will hold 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : A new position has become available at Harlington Upper School undertaking office and administrative support to the school front office and Library area.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors and members of the public
- Answering incoming phone calls from staff, parents and other customers of the school
- Passing relevent messages on to staff
- Organising and administering book loans including checking books in and out
- Updating and maintaining school records and documents
- Providing support and cover in the library area
- Replenishing stock in the library
- General library supervision
Along with any other required administrative jobs
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8.00am-4.00pm with 30 mins lunch (Term time only)
Salary : £ 159.10 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 20/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2021
Personal Qualities : Good time management
Honest and reliable
Skills Required : Good IT skills
Future Prospects : On successful completion of the apprenticeships, there may be an opportunity to join the support staff team
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
You will also study a range of topics, including: IT, record and document production, decision making, planning and organisation, project management, policies, relevant regulations, stakeholders, processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
You will be on a rota between working in the library and front office.
The map below shows the employer's location