Job Title : Civil Engineer Technician Apprentice
Employer : Pinnacle Consulting Engineers
Location : Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1HE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12261
Brief Description : The successful apprentice will be using design software to interpret Engineers designs in to drawings. These drawings are used to build the framework for buildings including Supermarkets, Data Centres and Retail Housing developments.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 (A*-C) including maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : The successful apprentice will be using design software to interpret Engineers designs in to drawings. These drawings are used to build the framework for buildings including Supermarkets, Data Centres and Retail Housing developments.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• With support, interpret Engineers designs into drawings
• Develop knowledge of various construction materials and methods (steel, timber, concrete and masonry)
• Working as part of an extended team producing drawings to an agreed programme ensuring successful delivery of projects on time and within budget
• Grow and develop knowledge, experience and initiative to identify any design/detailing issues in order to provide solutions and improvements
• Maintain records and work folder - ensuring all work is checked and appropriately approved for distribution
• Professionally communicate and represent the company with all external clients and customers
• Build and develop positive relations and contribute to the overall output of the technician's team
• Take responsibility for own continuous personal development and attend CPD lunch time seminars
• Ensure all work is produced, distributed and maintained in accordance with Company CAD standards
The apprentice will co-operate and abide by all Pinnacle' policies and procedures ensuring that they are adhered to at all times i.e.:
- Take care of own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts and omissions
- Prioritise and maintain the safety of all people and assets affected by your designs and work
- Promote equality and diversity as part of everyday working
- Display attributes that reflect Pinnacle’s values, culture and work ethics
- Understand and comply with Pinnacle QA policies and procedures
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday- Friday 8:30am-5.00pm (this is can be flexible)
Salary : £ 250.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 30/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2021
Personal Qualities : You should have an interest in maths, computing, design, construction, the built environment and creativity
Committed to own personal development
Good attention to detail
Keen interest and enthusiasm in buildings and design
Focused with ability to problem solve
Strong powers of concentration
Ability and desire to deliver right first time approach to all work
Ability to receive and act on constructive feedback
Self-motivated and able to use initiative
Skills Required : • Great computer skills – experience with design software would be desirable but not essential
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Good observational skills
• Ability to think methodically and mathematically
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good writing skills
• Reliable and punctual
• Good initiative
Future Prospects : After successful completion of the Apprenticeship there will be a potential opportunity to progress within the role to Technician (salaries ranging from £25K - £35K). Possible longer term progression to Senior Technician (£35k - £45k) and ultimately to a BIM Manager (£40K+) – overseeing and managing the Technician team. There is also the potential for further study to complete the Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including: Construction and the built environment, Further mathematics in construction, Science and materials, Construction technology and design, Surveying in construction and civil engineering and Structural analysis and design.
Other Information : Please note that the college attendance will commence in September 2021.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Pennacle offer 25 days holiday + a birthday day off
After the 6 month probation period, the apprentice will be entitled to private medical insurance, life insurance policy and a generous contributory pension scheme
A cycle to work salary scheme is offered
The map below shows the employer's location