Job Title : Technical Engineering Apprentice
Employer : CBRE GWS
Location : Stevenage , SG1 2DY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12265
Brief Description : CBRE’s award-winning Apprenticeship Scheme provides a unique opportunity for new talented individuals to start an exciting career. The successful candidate will undertake an apprenticeship as an engineering fitter leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
Qualifications Required : GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) (or equivalent) in maths, English and a science.
Vacancy Detail : CBRE are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service. CBRE’s award-winning Apprenticeship Scheme provides a unique opportunity for new talented individuals to start an exciting career.
The successful candidate will undertake an apprenticeship as an engineering fitter leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation through a structured training program of academic study and site-related work-based learning to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the requirements of CBRE Global Workplace Solutions.
1. To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of hand tools and associated workshop machine tools.
2. Learn to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
3. Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace.
4. To develop the skills to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance from written and verbal instructions and drawings within an assigned trade.
5. To undertake tasks as instructed, increasing overall contribution to the business unit.
6. To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace and client locations.
7. To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner always in line with CBRE RISE values.
8. To be able to demonstrate skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
9. Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and airflow systems and equipment.
1. To complete a four-year programme of training to be conducted within the assigned Business Unit’s engineering team at client locations, supplemented with academic study.
2. Achieve professional Engineering Technician (EngTech) registration on completion of Knowledge Competence.
3. To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects and documenting work that has been undertaken and the skills learned.
People are the foundation upon which our success is built. Our people are free to expand their skills and knowledge to drive their careers and reach their full potential. We are always looking for new faces to join our diverse, high-calibre teams.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 9am -5pm
Salary : £ 250.37 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 23/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • Enthusiasm, helpfulness and willingness
• Strong commitment to your studies as well as your work with us
• Reliable and punctual
• Flexible approach to a varied workload
• Demonstrate an interest in manufacturing mechanical components is highly desirable
Skills Required : • Logical approach to problem-solving
• Good communication skills
• Good practical skills
• The ability to learn through instruction and experience
Future Prospects : For apprentices who work hard and show commitment to their studies and the organisation, the option to progress on to level 4 Apprenticeship, HNC, HND or other career suitable training will be available.
Training to be Provided : Engineering Operative – Level 2
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
Other Information : For apprentices who work hard and show commitment to their studies and the organisation, the option to progress on to level 4 Apprenticeship, HNC, HND or other career suitable training will be available.
The map below shows the employer's location