Job Title : Vehicle Engineer Apprentice
Employer : H.W. Martin Traffic Management Limited
Location : Market Harborough, LE16 7PX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12253
Brief Description : Due to business expansion, this employer is looking to recruit two Vehicle Engineer apprentices (including mechanical and electrical fitting) to convert commercial vehicles and chassis cabs to bespoke highway industry vehicles. with specialist lorry bodies, lights, surveillance and safety equipment to a high standard.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will ideally have GCSE at grades 9-3 (A*-D) in English, maths, science or technology based subjects or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : To work on production (manufacturing & assembly) and / or service of Traffic Management Vehicles alongside qualified engineers at the UK's market leading design and builders of specialist Traffic Management Vehicles.
Your duties will include:
Day to day tasks will be varied and include training to carry out specialist commercial vehicle assembly and maintenance. You will be required to:
• Install mechanical brackets, cut chassis members to required length and drill as required for bracket attachment
• Cut, bend, fit and assemble components, using hand tools and portable power tools
• Mount traffic management cushions and light boards to chassis brackets and connect mechanically and electrically
• Install electrical wiring for dome lights, taillights, brake lights and other equipment according to specified procedures
• Spray or brush paint primer or protective coating on wood and metal surfaces
• Follow safe systems of work during the process of electrical and mechanical fitting
• General labouring, vehicle maintenance and workshop duties
This employer is offering you an exciting and worthwhile career, working alongside an established and committed workforce.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon to Thurs 7am to 5pm - 38 paid hours per week (30 mins paid lunch / 30 mins unpaid lunch per day)
Salary : £ 190.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 14/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/06/2021
Personal Qualities : Honest
Keen to learn
Skills Required : Good communication
Good attention to detail
Commitment and dedication to study and learning
Future Prospects : Potential full time position on successful completion of Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Engineering Operative – Level 2
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
Other Information : Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location