Job Title : Electrician Apprentice
Employer : AZAD Plumbing Heating & Electrical
Location : Milton Keynes, MK6 5DA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Plumbing / Gas
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12257
Brief Description : This employer is looking for an Electrician Apprentice. You will assist with and complete maintenance work and orders on electrical equipment. This include testing malfunctioning equipment, identifying defects, troubleshooting, repairing equipment and replacing defective parts.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades (9 - 4) or (A*-C) or including English, maths and science, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : The employer is looking for their next apprentice to become a qualified electrician. Could this be you? Are you looking for a career as an electrician?
The successful apprentice will carry out the following duties:
- Support electricians with maintenance, operation and repair of electrical systems
- Testing malfunctioning equipment, identifying defects, troubleshooting, repairing equipment and replacing defective parts
- Completing electrical wiring tasks, alignment adjustments, and calibration of equipment following manuals, schematics, diagrams, blueprints and equipment
- Assist with and perform installation and maintenance tasks in order to ensure the effective operation of various electrical equipment
- Be responsible for learning all procedures for installing and maintaining electrical systems, as well as local and federal regulations and safety requirements will
typically work in large facilities and construction sites that may be commercial, industrial, governmental or residential
- Working on equipment such as lighting systems, conductors, power distribution and cables
- You and the electrician will collaborate with other electrical staff to identify and solve problems
- The employer will analyze job listings in order to identify your core duties and responsibilities, initially your central task is to assist the electrician doing basic tasks
such as handling the tools, and it may also involve working independently from the electrician at times on electrical tasks that require less skill or experience
- You will work under the direct supervision of electricians and assistants performing less-skilled tasks for a number of years before moving into a electrician role
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Saturday 9-5 with 30 minutes for lunch
Salary : £ 161.25 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 02/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 24/05/2021
Personal Qualities : Dependable - this is one of the most important characteristics an electrician must have
Good communication skills
Good time management
Must have good attention to detail
Skills Required : Some knowledge of building and construction is an advantage
An understanding technical plans
To be thorough and pay attention to detail
Good problem-solving skills
The ability to use your own initiative
Future Prospects : Possibility of a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
- AM2 (Practical Assessment)
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (dependant on previous qualification).
You will also study a range of topics, including: Working effectively and safely in an Electrotechnical environment, Principles of Electrotechnology, Application of health and safety and electrical principles and Installation practices and theory
Other Information : Do you drive? This would be an advantage, but not essential. The employer is based in Milton Keynes but the work will be in Milton Keynes/Bedford/Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire.
If you can get to their Milton Keynes address for the start time then you can be taken to each job with your work colleague, until you can drive and then the employer may provide you with a van when you are more experienced.
Some overtime may also be available at weekends.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location