Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Employer : Goldington Academy
Location : Bedford, MK41 9BX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Computing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12241
Brief Description : Goldington Academy are looking for an IT Technician Apprentice to support the implementation of IT hardware and software across the site.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE’s grade 9 - 4 (A – C) including maths, English and ICT
Vacancy Detail : Goldington Academy are looking for an IT Technician Apprentice to support the implementation of IT hardware and software across the site.
During this role, the apprentice will learn:
- To be familiar with the use of all hardware / software applications, currently being utilised across the curriculum
- To Identify any additional functionality, already available, that is not being effectively utilised.
- To have a working understanding of the hardware currently on offer for use within the classroom and support staff with it’s effective deployment
- To seek out new hardware and software that would have a direct impact on whole school teaching and learning, and present to the senior leadership team where appropriate
- To support the implementation new curriculum applications software and complete any relevant training.
- To deliver staff training and provide ongoing support for all curriculum software
- To actively seek updated knowledge of current and/or new developments in relevant hardware & software – pertaining to the curriculum and it’s delivery
- To undertake any training and CPD required to be able to deliver staff training on any new/existing systems.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs pw Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm, Including 30 minute lunch break
Salary : £ 0.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 16/04/2021
Possible Start Date : 20/04/2021
Personal Qualities : A drive to progress knowledge, takes pride in their professional appearance and a passion for IT
Skills Required : • Ability to perform the duties on the job description.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative when required.
• Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions, whilst maintaining attention to detail and a calm, pleasant manner.
Future Prospects : To continue on to a full time role and possibly progress to become our Network Manager
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Infrastructure Technician – BCS – Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- Cisco IT Essentials (Level 3) OR Cisco CCNA 1 (Level 3)
- Cisco: Introduction to the Internet of Everything
- Cisco: Cyber Security Essentials
- Cisco: Be Your Own Boss
You will also study a range of topics including: Cisco IT Essentials OR Cisco CCNA 1 CompTIA A+
CompTIA Security +
ITIL Foundation Version 4
BCS Knowledge Module 3: Cloud Services
BCS Knowledge Module 4: Coding and Logic
Other Information : Please be aware of the location of this apprenticeship.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location