Job Title : Logistics Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Humanware
Location : RUSHDEN, NN10 6AR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Logistics / Warehousing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12230
Brief Description : Humanware are looking for a Logistics Administrator Apprentice to assist and support the Logistics Manager. As an apprentice you will have many administrative duties.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will ideally have GCSE's at grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English, maths and IT or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company who are the global leader in assistive technology for people who are visually impaired. This company offers a wide range of innovative products.
As an apprentice you will have the following key responsibilities:
• Maintain the layout and location of all products and spare parts inventory
• Produce all relevant shipping documents via freight forwarder IT systems
• To ensure that customers requirements are satisfied with regard to the delivery of product
• Book all goods into the company ICT system ( Great Plains ); including returns
• Improve processes and systems wherever possible
• To enhance the reputation and image of Humanware through professional conduct and excellent service
• Quality control (via managed and auditable systems) all incoming and outgoing products for 100% correctness and salability
• Maintain the security of product and general stores area
• Provide support and cover for the Logistics and Operations administrator and Stock controller during their absence
• Ensure that all received goods are checked for both quality and quantity and available for re-sale within 3 hrs of receipt
• Ensure that all customer orders are picked and ready for dispatch within 3.5 working hours of receipt
• Ensure Customer satisfaction with regard to quality of product and accurate delivery to the end –user
In the absence of a day release being required as part of this apprenticeship, elements of off the job training will take place within the workplace and this may
• Carry out picking and packing of customer orders
• Remove any non-conforming goods and place in a separate area for rectification
• To maintain the stock of packaging materials at the correct levels and place purchase orders as required
• Assist with the localisation, updating, cleaning, checking, testing, and refurbishment of equipment as and when required
• To receive goods into the warehouse and check them for any damage upon delivery
• Ensure all products dispatched are saleable, correctly picked and packaged and 100% correct with 0% re-return rate due to orders being either incomplete or
damaged due to insufficient or incorrect packaging
• Ensure the warehouse is clean and safe from hazards and well laid out at all times
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary : £ 185.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 02/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 10/05/2021
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time keeper
• Good attention to detail
Skills Required : • Good organisational skills
• Ability to focus on documentation
• Excellent communication skills
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required).
You will also study a range of topics, including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : The employer is very close to Rushden Lakes and there is a very good bus service to them.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, Part of the the Bedford College Group (Apprenticeship Recruitment Team) and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location