Job Title : ICT Technician Apprentice
Employer : Guilsborough Academy
Location : Northampton, NN6 8QE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Information Technology
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12232
Brief Description : This is an exciting opportunity for a person wishing to work towards being a qualified ICT Technician working on a site with a state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE’s grade 9 - 4 (A – C) including maths, English and ICT
Vacancy Detail : This is an exciting opportunity for a person wishing to work towards being a qualified ICT Technician working on a site with a state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure. The job will be to learn to provide 1st Line hardware and software support, call logging services, asset management, general ICT administrative (under supervision) and other ICT facility services as a member of a team. The teams function will be to provide staff and pupil support for all aspects of an ICT infrastructure, including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop hardware (Tier 1 Products) and Software.
Key responsibilities (under supervision)
• To provide a professional first line technical advisory and diagnostic support service within a Service Desk environment during the service window.
• To provide a professional and effective first line remote network monitoring and management service within a customer environment.
• To ensure that all reported technical issues are dealt with professionally and competently and that they are recorded on the Service Management System and are resolved within the customers Service Level Agreement.
• To provide an effective communications interface between the school customers and the IT Service Department.
• Provide 1st line technical support and call logging services to the school.
• To report and manage any incident that requires the services of a third party organisation.
• To monitor/manage call queues to ensure that support calls are being escalated and resolved within agreed SLA’s
• To action any asset change in compliance with the Change Control Procedure
• To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required
• To assist the Network Manager by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
• To keep the working area clean & tidy at all times.
• To attend and complete education courses and exams that are part of the Apprenticeship scheme
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £ 187.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 11/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 26/05/2021
Personal Qualities : • Active Team player
Skills Required : • Some knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Pro-active approach to work.
Future Prospects : For the successful candidate, there is the potential of a full time position.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Infrastructure Technician – BCS – Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- Cisco IT Essentials (Level 3) OR Cisco CCNA 1 (Level 3)
- Cisco: Introduction to the Internet of Everything
- Cisco: Cyber Security Essentials
- Cisco: Be Your Own Boss
You will also study a range of topics including: Cisco IT Essentials OR Cisco CCNA 1 CompTIA A+
CompTIA Security +
ITIL Foundation Version 4
BCS Knowledge Module 3: Cloud Services
BCS Knowledge Module 4: Coding and Logic
Other Information : Please be aware of the location of this apprenticeship.
The candidate will be required to attend the Tresham College Campus
The map below shows the employer's location