Job Title : Bricklaying Apprentice
Employer : GRT Builders
Location : Wootton, MK43 9NX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12226
Brief Description : GRT are looking for Bricklaying Apprentices to join their team. The successful candidate will be trained on site by a team of professionals whilst working towards their Level 2 qualification which will provide you with the introductory knowledge and skills you will need to undertake work in the Bricklaying industry.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need 3 GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : GRT are looking for Bricklaying Apprentices to join their team. The successful candidate will be trained on site by a team of professionals whilst working towards their Level 2 qualification will provide you with the introductory knowledge and skills you will need to undertake work in the Bricklaying industry.
The main roles and responsibilities of this role include:
• Laying bricks and blocks to a standard required
• To have the ability to load out for bricklayers and support the labourers
• Clean scaffold lifts and floors as and when required
• Be keen to learn and ask questions concerning bricklaying with their supervisor or relevant contracts manager
• Be responsible and comply with Health and Safety as required
• To have a responsibility to remain safe for themselves and others at all time
• Show responsibility to be available to work 5 day a week and be punctual for work and college
• Understand construction technology
• Understand information, quantities and communication with others
• Set out masonry structures
• Construct solid walling incorporating isolated and attached piers
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8am- 4pm (plus travel time)
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 31/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 28/06/2021
Personal Qualities : Punctuality
Ability to work well within a team
Punctuality at all times showing good timekeeping
Ability to work alone
Ability to listen to instructions and ask questions
Enjoys the outdoors whatever the weather
Passion for Bricklaying
Skills Required : Good listening skills
Good Communication skills
Good hand-eye coordination (Kinetic learning)
Good understanding of the construction industry
Basic level of bricklaying would be an advantage but not an essential
Experience within construction would be an advantage but not limiting
Future Prospects : Potential employment with the company at the end of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Other Information : *The salary will increase to £290 a week in the second year of the apprenticeship*
For those that are currently not in full time education, there is an opportunity to start the role earlier. Please note that the college attendance will commence in September 2021.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location