Job Title : Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Employer : Rainbow Pre-School Extended Services (East Site)
Location : Biggleswade, SG18 8UQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Child Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12231
Brief Description : Rainbow Pre-School are recruiting a Nursery Nurse Apprentice to work in a well-established nursery within a lower school. The apprentice will be committed to providing quality learning experiences tailored to children's individual needs, ensuring that all children have equal opportunities, including those with special educational needs.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : Rainbow Pre-School are recruiting a Nursery Nurse Apprentice to work in a well-established nursery within a lower school. The apprentice will be committed to providing quality learning experiences tailored to children's individual needs, ensuring that all children have equal opportunities, including those with special educational needs.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development as guided by key workers.
• To assist with the preparation of snacks in accordance with the healthy eating accreditation.
• Washing and changing children as required and under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
• Providing comfort and warmth to any unwell children.
• To contribute to the environment ensuring the setting is of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures.
Main duties include:
• To ensure a high level of support and stimulation for all children, with the help and guidance of qualified key workers.
• To assist with the preparation of snacks in accordance with our healthy eating accreditation.
• To help at our holiday club as and when needed.
• To advise the Pre-school manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
• To attend training, as agreed at the yearly appraisal, alongside working towards a Level 3 Childcare qualification. To share with the manager any information gained from training courses.
• To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school manager/deputy manager in accordance with the pre-school’s business plan/objectives.
• To help prepare the setting for the daily programmes; to help tidy away at the end of the session checking equipment for cleanliness and breakages.
• To attend all out of working hours activities, eg training, staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 0830-1630 (40 hours a week)
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 23/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 14/06/2021
Personal Qualities : Confidence, ability to work within a team, a positive attitude and a flexible approach to work.
Skills Required : Good communication skills along with having sufficient understanding and use of English (both verbal and written) good planning skills, highly motivated, aware of the importance of health and safety/willingness to learn as well as being fully committed to promoting equality and diversity.
Future Prospects : The potential of a full time position within the pre-school
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including Introducing the role of the early years practitioner, legislation, framework and professional practice, play, development and learning for school and professional development
Other Information : Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location