Job Title : Assistant Project Engineer Apprentice
Employer : JLES Thames Limited
Location : Berkhamsted, HP4 2BL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12220
Brief Description : JLES Thames Limited are looking for Assistant Project Engineer to join the expanding Thames regional office. The employer has taken on several apprentices in the past so knows how to nurture and offer the correct support.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need to have GCSE grades 9-4 (A*- C) in English and maths, or equivalent.
Due to the current situation, please be aware that predicted grades will be accepted when applying for an apprenticeship.
Vacancy Detail : JLES Thames Limited are looking for Assistant Project Engineer to join the expanding Thames regional office. The employer has taken on several apprentices in the past so knows how to nurture and offer the correct support.
The successful candidate will complete the following duties:
• Assist the Project Engineering team in reporting to the client.
• Assisting the team with key projects issues as directed by the Line Manager.
• Assist the Project Engineering team in the management of consultants and contractors.
• Site inspections with Engineering team and adopting authority.
• Seeking quotations from Sub-Contractors.
• Cost analysis / Tender evaluation of Sub-contractors.
• Works under close supervision to achieve time, cost & quality in all assignments.
• Liaising and Managing Sub-contractors to complete works.
• Liaisons with various Local Authorities / Chasing Adoption Certification from Local Authorities.
• On site supervision of Stage 3 site works (supervised)
• Flexible where possible in role & team contribution.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00, Friday 08:30 - 16:30 (40 hours per week)
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 28/03/2021
Possible Start Date : 28/06/2021
Personal Qualities : • Energy and enthusiasm.
• Confidence and ambition.
• Desire to succeed and progress in career.
• Contribution to team effort as well as individual tasks.
• Positive attitude.
Skills Required : • Willing to learn about Project Engineering / Civil Engineering principles.
• Understanding of current industry trends (not essential).
• Excellent communication skills.
• AutoCAD skills (not essential).
• Microsoft Office Competent.
Future Prospects : Continue with their education, progression to level 4.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including: Construction and the built environment, Further mathematics in construction, Science and materials, Construction technology and design, Surveying in construction and civil engineering and Structural analysis and design.
Other Information : For those that are currently not in full time education, there is an opportunity to start the role earlier. Please note that the college attendance will commence in September 2021.
Please ensure you can get to the location.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location