Job Title : Gardening Apprentice
Employer : Ready Steady Mow Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK43 0PP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Horticulture
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12208
Brief Description : Ready, steady, start a career in horticulture? Ready Steady Mow Ltd is looking for an apprentice to join their busy gardening and ground maintenance team. You will be eager to get your hands dirty and keen to learn about all aspects of horticulture.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of two GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D), ideally including English and maths or a Level 1 equivalent.
Due to the current situation, please be aware that predicted grades will be accepted when applying for an apprenticeship.
Vacancy Detail : Ready, steady, start a career in horticulture? Ready Steady Mow Ltd is looking for an apprentice to join their busy gardening and ground maintenance team. You will be eager to get your hands dirty and keen to learn about all aspects of horticulture.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Gaining experience in maintaining green spaces, for example: grass mowing, edging, general pruning, strimming, litter picking, sweeping, etc.
• You will learn how to sow seeds and grow plants from seeds or other plant cuttings
• To become conversant and skilled in the use of hand tools and pedestrian machines and appropriate powered hand tools which are used in the maintenance of horticultural features
• To undertake regular apprentice training review meetings with your assessor
• To attend other short training courses and assessments as may be required and complete any relevant course work and assignments
• Leaf blowing and clearing
• Cultivating of beds and borders
• Weeding of beds and borders
• To actively learn about the installation and repairs of fences
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours a week Monday-Friday
Salary : £ 166.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 28/02/2021
Possible Start Date : 22/03/2021
Personal Qualities : • Polite and friendly
• Able to show initiative
Skills Required : • Good organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work well in a team and use their own initiative
• Able to work in all weathers
• Ability to work flexible hours
Future Prospects : This will lead to a potential opportunity of a permanent position
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Apprenticeship in either Horticulture or Landscape Operative. Plus: Emegency First Aid at Work, Level 2 Safe use of handling and application of pesticides, Functional Skills in English & maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics to include: Health and Safety, Business Skills, Machinery, Plant and Soil Science, Plant health
Other Information : Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The candidate will need to get to and from Flitwick Bedfordshire and Shuttleworth College.
The map below shows the employer's location