Job Title : Landscape Gardener Apprentice
Employer : Shenley Brook & Tattenhoe Parish Council
Location : Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 4DB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Horticulture
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12156
Brief Description : Apprentice operative working alongside the current team, carrying out light duties with one day for college day release.
Qualifications Required : GCSE PASSES IN MATHS, ENGLISH AND IT AT GRADE C OR ABOVE.
OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE CONSIDERED
Vacancy Detail : • To attend college, complete a portfolio of evidence during two year horticultural course
• Amenity landscape, general sports ground maintenance
• Gain skill in the use of an extensive range of horticultural plant and machinery
• Ensure work is performed to high standards and specification
• Working cooperatively with others in order to achieve objective
• Able to work well under pressure / self-motivated and flexible
• Report all problems which could have an adverse effect on service delivery, or be detrimental to the local environment, or which may cause harm to the general public
• Act as an ambassador to the service and Parish Council and have the ability to take ownership of customer’s problems, resolving them where possible
• To remove litter where possible, using appropriate equipment, otherwise to contact Milton Keynes Council and arrange removal.
• To report and monitor incidents of fly-tipping, abandoned vehicle’s, damage to public property , graffiti and vandalism
• To clean off graffiti when possible, or arrange for its removal.
• To show commitment to own development / accepting and acting upon feedback and learning from the process
• Adjusting to unfamiliar situations, demands and changing roles.
• Any other duties that may be required by the Line Manager.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri 7.30am - 4pm (2.30pm on Friday)
Salary : £340.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/10/2020
Possible Start Date : 12/10/2020
Personal Qualities : Hardworking and interested in becoming a landscaper.
Skills Required : Necessary qualifications to be able to do course
Future Prospects : To remain with the council as an operative.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Apprenticeship in either Horticulture or Landscape Operative. Plus: Emergency First Aid at Work, Level 2 Safe use of handling and application of pesticides, Functional Skills in English & maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics to include: Health and Safety, Business Skills, Machinery, Plant and Soil Science, Plant health
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2020 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location