Job Title : Are you interested in an Engineering Apprenticeship?
Employer : Bedford College Professional Services
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9AH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12088
Brief Description : Do you have the skills needed for an apprenticeship in Engineering?
Qualifications Required : The applicant should be educated to a minimum of GCSE level with 5 GCSEs achieved / predicted at A* - C or 9 - 4 grade in maths, English and science (or equivalent).
Due to the current situation, please be aware that the predicted grades will be accepted when applying for an apprenticeship.
Vacancy Detail : Do you have the skills needed for an apprenticeship in Engineering?
Here at Bedford College, we are looking for people who would love to begin an apprenticeship in Engineering. If this is you then please apply and we can give you the help and advice you need. If you need some help with your CV or interview skills then we can do this for you. Or even if you just want some advice about apprenticeships or the qualifications you currently have, then please apply and we can contact you. We may be able to add you to our list of candidates, so that when a vacancy becomes available we can contact you with details of the vacancy.
• During this Apprenticeship programme, you will undertake the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3
• Technical Support Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – Level 3 AME – Technical Support Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• End point assessment
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs pw Mon-Fri
Salary : £166.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time keeper
• Eye for detail
Skills Required : • Good organisational skills
• Focus on documentation
• Excellent communication skills
• Numeracy skills an advantage
Training to be Provided : Technical Support Technician - Level 3
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
EAL Level 3 AME - Technical Support Technician
Pearsons Level 3 Diploma & in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2020 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location