Job Title : Administration Apprentice
Employer : Goodwills Legal Service Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3HU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12075
Brief Description : We are a small but growing law firm located in the heart of Bedford's town centre. We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to assist our team of fee earner with a range of administrative, accounting and marketing based tasks.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : We are a small but growing law firm located in the heart of Bedford's town centre. We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to assist our team of fee earner with a range of administrative, accounting and marketing based tasks.
The successful candidate will assist fee earners with the following tasks:
• Opening and closing client files, including carrying out money laundering and identity verification checks.
• Opening the post in and enveloping/franking post out.
• Answering the telephone and, with experience, dealing with a range of phone calls.
• Assisting clients with release of their documents and other requests.
• Assisting the bookkeeper with some basic accounts tasks, including maintaining our standing order mandate database.
• Dealing with client and internal emails.
• Filing and arranging secure document storage.
• Carrying out LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other Social/Media marketing functions.
In particular, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with good written and oral communication skills. Full training will be given and no prior experience is necessary. We are looking for a level 2 or level 3 candidate now but further opportunities may be available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 37.5 hrs p/w Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm
Application Deadline Date : 05/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 20/04/2020
Personal Qualities : • Reliable and punctual
• Eager to learn
Skills Required : • Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Enthusiasm to learn about business administration within a legal environment
• Confidence on the phone and face-to-face.
Future Prospects : This is a business administration vacancy but there would be many potential routes once someone had completed their apprenticeship with us. If an employee is suitable, we are able to provide training and support, in order to achieve CILEx qualifications and full CILEx Lawyer status.
A successful candidate, who had completed their apprenticeship, would also be able to look into specialising in Business Administration in law, by working towards Legal Secretary accreditation.
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required) and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT. You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location