Job Title : Customer Contact Centre Apprentice
Employer : Bedford Borough Council
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9AP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Customer Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12068
Brief Description : To provide help and assistance to a diverse range of customers on a broad variety of Council services. To offer a high level of customer service resolving enquiries accurately and efficiently in the Contact Centre or as a receptionist or floorwalker.
Qualifications Required : You will need to have achieved 3 GCSEs A*-D or 9-3 including English and maths, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : To provide help and assistance to a diverse range of customers on a broad variety of Council services. To offer a high level of customer service resolving enquiries accurately and efficiently in the Contact Centre or as a receptionist or floorwalker.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Knowledge of/ ability to learn a wide range of Council services being offered by the Customer Service Team. This includes the policies, legislation, processes, relevant IT, web and telephony systems:
• Council Services i.e. blue badges, bus passes
• Customers to gain speedy access to Council services online by helping them to self-serve wherever possible by promoting available online services, signposting and offering tailored digital assistance for those that need support.
• To be a multi-skilled officer with the capability to serve customers face to face at reception and the welcome desk, over the phone, email or web channels to provide support and guidance across a broad range of services offered by the team. To resolve enquiries in a professional, courteous and efficient manner in line with Service Level Agreements and the Council’s Customer Service Standards.
• Gather relevant information and evidence (including verification of official documents) from customers efficiently and accurately to support accurate assessments in line with Service Level Agreements.
• Update databases and records accurately and efficiently with a note of every customer interaction and enquiry, ensuring complete confidentiality and GDPR compliance. Log reports, service requests and process payments with an attention to detail in line with Service Level Agreements.
• Takes responsibility for customer outcomes. Works closely with colleagues across the Council to ensure customers are provided with accurate service information. Also collaborative working with the Web Team, Communications and the Customer Relations Team is important to provide feedback from resident experience supporting service improvements and embracing change.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37 Mon - Thurs 8:45-5:15 Friday 8:45-5pm
Salary : £160.95 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 11/05/2020
Personal Qualities : Friendly, helpful approach, engaging. A good team player as well as ability to use own initiative. Good timekeeping and attendance is vital.
Enjoy working with customers of all ages and abilities
Skills Required : Demonstrates a keen interest and the ability to provide excellent customer service to people of all ages.
Demonstrates the ability and motivation to work with the public in a front line service and a commitment to working with all sectors of the community.
Must have up to date and practical IT skills appropriate to the needs of the service, and the ability to help customers self serve.
Ability to operate as a hardworking member of a team and to work without constant supervision.
Must be able to handle a wide variety of tasks in a busy customer service environment, and have the ability to move flexibly between different tasks as required.
Good organisational skills, accuracy and the ability to prioritise and organise their work.
Must demonstrate a can do attitude, as well as enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Future Prospects : Potential to develop a carer within the Council as this role provide a broad introduction to wide range of services provided to the residents of Bedford Borough. The apprenticeship will develop a wide range of core transferable skills (communication, customer care, team work, time management and digital skills for example) and and they will have the opportunity to acquire a good working knowledge of various Council policies and procedures. All of this will put the applicant in good stead to apply for any available positions upon completion of their apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 plus ...Functional Skills in English and maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: Knowing your customers, Understanding your organisation, Meeting regulations and legislation, Systems and resources, Your role and responsibility, Customer experience, Product and service knowledge, Interpersonal skills, Communication
Other Information : • The role is primarily about working directly with the public in a busy and fast paced environment, both face to face and by telephone.
• The work is varied and offers the opportunity to develop a range of customer service and team skills
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
Things to consider : Available to work the specified pattern of hours, with some flexibility as required.
The apprentice will be paid wage for age:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW)
£8.21 per hour (if 25 or over)
£7.70 per hour (if aged 21 to 24 years)
£6.15 per hour (if aged 18 – 20 years)
£4.35 per hour (if under 18 years but above the compulsory school age)
The map below shows the employer's location