Job Title : Customer Service Apprentice
Employer : Ark H Handling Limited
Location : Wilstead, Bedfordshire, MK45 3PD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Logistics / Warehousing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12047
Brief Description : You will be working in two departments – Goods Receiving and Customer Service. There is a strong elements of warehousing/inventory control activity in this role.
Qualifications Required : You will need a keen interest in working in a warehousing business in the logistics sector, as part of a team and have good timekeeping.
Grade requirements: You will also need to have basic literacy and numeracy skills,
upon which this apprenticeship will build.
Vacancy Detail : You will be working in two departments – Goods Receiving and Customer Service. There is a strong elements of warehousing/inventory control activity in this role. However, it would suit people interested in pursuing a career in logistics in general, whether in Production/Warehousing or in Customer Service.
The role involves dealing with client and customer queries in the area of booking in deliveries and particularly in the handling of returns (RGRNs).
Although the role is located within the Customer Services Department it has a logistics and supply chain focus and could well lead to opportunities in either of those areas within the business.
The job holder will be required to:
Take personal responsibility for the receipt, logging and tracking of all returns, creating the goods received notes for Returns (RGRNs).
• Returns handling
• Receipt returns
• Log them to the system
• Notify the Client Account Teams of the returns received
• Ensure that returns are passed to Supervisor areas in a timely manner
• Assist with return checking and verification as required.
• Assist clients & suppliers with booking in expected deliveries
• The returns & goods inward clerk will deal with all client returns that are passed through Account teams and Goods Inward.
• All expected deliveries are booked onto the goods inwards calendar
• All appropriate internal departments, particularly Goods Receiving, are notified of the expected deliveries.
• Assist the Good Receiving department with bookings in delivery.
• Processing all paperwork to the necessary internal departments
• Raising GRNs (Goods Received Notes)
• Booking stock onto the HeLix system
• Obtaining and logging the weights and dimensions for ecommerce product on receipt.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs p/w Mon-Fri 8.30-5.30
Salary : £230.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 20/04/2020
Personal Qualities : • Reliable
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Has great attention to detail
• Confident in speaking to people
• Good telephone manner
Skills Required : • Good English language (reading, writing and spoken)
• Attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills
• Pleasant telephone manager
• outlook for email messaging
• Good organisation skills
• Flexibility and the ability to juggle priorities
• A desire to take on projects and make them their own.
Future Prospects : On successful completion of this apprenticeship you can progress to the Advanced Level 3 Warehousing & Storage apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Warehousing & Storage Level 2 Certificate
•Employment Rights and Responsibilities
•Functional Skills in English and maths
You will learn about:
•Health, safety and security
•Receiving goods and materials into storage
•Maintaining the quality of goods in storage
•Dispatching goods and materials
•Auditing stock levels and stock inventories
•Picking stock and assemble orders
•Processing returned goods
•Maintaining the safety of high risk goods
•Lifting, transferring & positioning goods
•Modifying systems for distributing stock
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : Please note that this role will be based in a warehouse and partly in an office.
The map below shows the employer's location