Job Title : Propulsion Engine Test Technician Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12018
Brief Description : Starting in September 20202, the Apprentice technician will be learning about automotive technology and the testing of all types of engines in a research and development environment.
Qualifications Required : Have, or working towards a minimum of five GCSEs grades A* - C/9-4 or equivalent in Maths, English and Science. In addition you should be able to demonstrate your desire to work in a hands on role within a professional working environment
Vacancy Detail : Starting in September 20202, the Apprentice technician will be learning about automotive technology and the testing of all types of engines in a research and development environment.
Duties with this role will include:
• Assist with the running of a variety of engine tests for validation and development programmes
• Assist with the installation of engines into test cells including fabricating brackets, fitting instrumentation etc.
• Servicing, checks and measurements of engines on test
• Accurate collection and validation of data to prove integrity
• Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations
• To report, review and provide authorisation of results
• To liaise with supporting staff, engineers, supervisors and customers on a technical level
• Ensure all health and safety and quality procedures have been adhered to
• Act in accordance with the behaviours of Millbrook staff at all times
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm 40 hrs pw
Salary : £275.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Excellent attention to detail
• Able to follow written instructions/ work requests
• Positive autonomous attitude
Skills Required : • Good general IT skills especially MS Excel
Future Prospects : Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training / development and may also progress onto other engineering roles.
Training to be Provided : • During this Apprenticeship, you will undertake the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3
• Technical Support Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – Level 3 AME – Technical Support Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• End point assessment
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
Other Information : • Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
• Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
• Flexibility to travel as and when required
• Full UK driving license (preferable)
• SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
Things to consider : To apply please submit your application, cover letter and CV Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with Assessment Centre’s taking place in April 2020.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
The map below shows the employer's location