Job Title : Central Operations Technician Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12013
Brief Description : Millbrook are looking to recruit an Central Operations Technician Apprentice for September 2020 start willing to learn about automotive technology and the testing of all types of vehicles in a research and development environment.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including English, maths and science , or equivalent, or a technical subject such as engineering.
Vacancy Detail : Millbrook are looking to recruit an Central Operations Technician Apprentice for September 2020 start willing to learn about automotive technology and the testing of all types of vehicles in a research and development environment.
Training will take place alongside various skilled technicians and engineers, plus attendance at college to gain relevant qualifications up to HND.
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training / development and may also progress onto other engineering roles.
Roles and responsibilities
• Light vehicle repairs and general servicing
• LGV, Bus/Coach repairs and general servicing
• Vehicle fault finding
• Diagnostic checks using various diagnostic equipment
• Conduct Durability test preparation and vehicle measurements
• Undertake analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations
• To report, review and provide authorisation of results
• Complete work tickets with detailed written report on work actioned
• Ensure all Health, safety and quality procedures are adhered to
• Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs pw Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Salary : £275.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Excellent attention to detail
• Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
• Thirst for knowledge
• Able to follow written instructions
• Team player and a mature approach to work
Skills Required : • Good general level of education
• Competent IT skills (mainly MS Word and Excel)
• Excellent communication skills
Future Prospects : Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training / development and may also progress onto other engineering roles.
Training to be Provided : • During this Apprenticeship, you will undertake the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3
• Technical Support Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – Level 3 AME – Technical Support Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• End point assessment
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
Other Information : • Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
• Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
• Flexibility to travel as and when required
• Full UK driving license (preferable)
• SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
Things to consider : To apply please submit your application, cover letter and CV Closing date for applications is 20th March 2020, with Assessment Centre’s taking place in April 2020.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
The map below shows the employer's location