Job Title : Administrator for Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12017
Brief Description : An apprenticeship starting in September, developing your skills, and learning to apply SHE in a sensible and practical way to a wide range of activities, enabling progression and continuous professional development.
Qualifications Required : To have 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English, maths and science at grades C or level 4 and above
Vacancy Detail : An apprenticeship starting in September, developing your skills, and learning to apply SHE in a sensible and practical way to a wide range of activities, enabling progression and continuous professional development.
You will gain experience in both administrative and hands on SHE to fully understand the role, in line with the qualification undertaken.
You will be involved in tasks, assisting with writing Risk Assessments, supporting investigations and advising employees and managers on all SHE matters.
The Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role of an Apprentice in SHE. You will work to help prevent workplace accidents and injuries, as well as recognising and mitigating risks to protect employees and the environment. You'll work with all areas of the business to support the engagement of our Safety, Health and Environmental values and procedures and will be capable of:
• Identifying and assessing hazards and determine ways of reducing risk
• Recording and investigating workplaces incidents
• Analysing data and implementing improvements to prevent reoccurrence
• Provide support to the Health and Safety Manager
• To liaise with individual departments SHE Representatives
• To arrange meetings including all necessary resources and minute taking
• To organise and take part in Workplace Inspections
• To identify and run their own projects to further the safety / environmental culture at Millbrook as well as support the Health and Safety Managers Projects.
• Attend and complete course work and examinations to gain qualifications as required
• Assisting with Business Continuity Planning compliance
• Ensure all Health and Safety / Environmental procedures are adhered to
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm 40 hours per week with attendance to college
Salary : £275.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 09/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Passion, drive and commitment to complete an apprenticeship with a genuine interest in Health and Safety issues.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
• Thirst for knowledge
• Able to follow written instructions
• Team player and a mature approach to work
• Ability to remain calm and reasonable in differing circumstances
Skills Required : • Good general level of education
• Competent IT skills (mainly MS Word and Excel)
• Excellent communication skills
• Good analytical skills and enjoy problem solving with a logical and structured approach
Future Prospects : The Apprenticeship will provide you with a good understanding of SHE and will provide career progression opportunities into SHE roles. Upon completion of your apprenticeship you will be able to continue your professional development with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : • Due to the location of Millbrook, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available.
• Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
• Flexibility to travel as and when required
• Full UK driving license (preferable)
• SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
Things to consider : Location of the job.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Candidates must complete the applications process and submit a CV for this role.
The map below shows the employer's location