Job Title : Nursery Nurse Apprentice - Level 3 (TERM TIME ONLY)
Employer : Puddleduck Nursery School
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 6EJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Child Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11978
Brief Description : Puddleducks are looking for a level 2 qualified Nursery Nurse to complete the Level 3 apprenticeship. They are a small family nursery with around 34 children a day. The children are in 3 rooms 0-2, 2-3 and 3-4.
Qualifications Required : You will need A*-D in English, Maths (Level 9-3) A Level 2 Childcare qualification (or equivalent) and/or experience is desirable.
Vacancy Detail : Puddleducks are looking for a level 2 qualified Nursery Nurse to complete the Level 3 apprenticeship. They are a small family nursery with around 34 children a day. The children are in 3 rooms 0-2, 2-3 and 3-4.
• To provide high quality child care by promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all of the children in the setting
• To provide high quality, safe education and care to young children
• To work with the children offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
• To help prepare the setting for the daily programme; to help tidy away at the end of the session checking equipment for cleanliness and breakages.
• To assist with the preparation of snacks
• To help set up the nursery room and tidy away at the end of the sessions.
• To work as an active member of the staff team supporting the manager and key workers, learning the role of a pre-school practitioner and key worker.
• To ensure a high level of support and stimulation for all children, with the help and guidance of qualified key workers.
• Liaising with staff, ensuring each individual child's needs are met.
• To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
• To contribute to the record keeping of the children by making observations and liaising with Key Workers - training and support will be provided for this.
• To attend ALL out of working hours activities, eg training, staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
• To attend training, as agreed at the yearly appraisal.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 8-5 or 9-6 (to be negotiated)
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 20/01/2020
Personal Qualities : Must be enthusiastic, empathetic, punctual, and willing to be part of our happy friendly team. Must enjoy the outdoors as we have a large garden area which all children go out to explore daily.
Skills Required : The candidate should have good listening skills, be able to easily, follow instructions, work well in a team as well as using their own use initiative.
Future Prospects : Full time employment within the nursery.
Training to be Provided : Early Years Educator NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma, Employment Rights & Responsibilities, Functional Skills in English, ICT and maths. You will study a range of topics including : Health and well-being , Legislation, frameworks and professional practice, Play, development and learning for school readiness, Professional development
Other Information : Need to be able to get to Clapham either via public transport or own transport.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Salary to be negotiated.
Things to consider : The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This is a term time only role, working 39 weeks of the year.
The map below shows the employer's location