Job Title : Plumber Apprentice
Employer : RPHC Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 0SX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Plumbing / Gas
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11968
Brief Description : This is a role within an established plumbing and heating company based and operating from Bedford, working in and around London and the Home Counties.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3, including English and maths, or Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : This is a role within an established plumbing and heating company based and operating from Bedford, working in and around London and the Home Counties. The successful applicant will be expected to quickly become a part of an existing team, working on a varied scope of projects from simple plumbing repairs through to full scale refurbishment projects. Candidate's must be well presented, a good communicator, with a willingness to learn and progress.
- To learn various plumbing and heating related skills and techniques.
- Making a contribution to work as their knowledge and ability increases
- Follow safe working procedures on-site and have a respectable and diverse attitude towards others.
- Taking your learning seriously with a keen interest in developing into a fully qualified plumber.
- To follow instructions given to you by your line manager
- Ability to manage your own portfolio and submit your coursework in a timely fashion.
- To accurately fill in a timesheet and submit to management.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 32hrs - Mon-Fri + overtime
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 28/10/2019
Personal Qualities : - Good communication ability
- Well presented
- Able to show initiative
- Problem solving
Skills Required : Manual skills
The skill of understanding or a keen interest in how to build and take apart mechanical objects
Future Prospects : Progression to level 3
Training to be Provided : Plumbing City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma plus Functional Skills (if required). You will study a range of topics including: Building services engineering
Environmental protection measures, Scientific principles, Pipework processes, Cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
Hot water system installation and maintenance techniques, Central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
Rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques, Above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
Other Information : To be considered for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an interview with the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete a maths and English online assessment.
Failure to complete this will result in your application not being progressed.
Things to consider : - Being able to travel independently to Bedford
- This apprenticeship will need to be completed within 2 years
The map below shows the employer's location