Job Title : Business Administration/ HR Assistant Apprentice
Employer : The Challenger Multi Academy Trust (c/o Kempston Challenger Academy)
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 7EB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11965
Brief Description : To provide administrative, financial and organisational services to CMAT schools within Kempston. These are currently Kempston Challenger Academy, Daubeney Academy and Springfield Primary School.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent including maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : To provide administrative, financial and organisational services to CMAT schools within Kempston. These are currently Kempston Challenger Academy, Daubeney Academy and Springfield Primary School.
-To work on reception dealing with all visitor matters including staff, internal and external visitors, parents and pupils
-Undertake typing and word processing and complex IT based tasks
-Provide administrative and organisational support to staff and governing body
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the school
- To co-ordinate the Academy website, keeping all areas current and updated.
- To assist with the management of the Academy Twitter and Facebook accounts ensuring that they are always current and regularly updated.
- To manage the content of the Academy internal student information system ensuring that this is constantly updated.
- Monitor and maintain management information and record systems
– To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the school reports process and data collection systems
- Ensure all pupil records on MIS are accurate and kept up to date
- Work alongside the Student support teams to provide data / administrative support as required
- Monitor pupil absences and work with Education Welfare Officer as appropriate.
- Administer the School’s admissions and withdrawal procedures maintaining accurate numbers on roll
-Ensure that electronic pupil attendance records are up to date and meet LA regulations
- Ensure all personnel records on the MIS are accurate and kept up to date
- Be responsible for the production of Pupil CENSUS and School Workforce CENSUS
- Assist in other statutory returns as applicable
- Maintain the confidentiality of all the School’s records in relation to staff and pupils, in line with the latest GDPR requirements.
- Any other adhoc duties.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:00 Friday 08:00-15:30 TERM TIME ONLY
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/11/2019
Personal Qualities : Ability to establish high professional standards by personal example
Ability to relate to staff in a positive and effective manner
Ability to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
Ability to demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy at all times.
Ability to work on own initiative and with supervision.
Able to keep information confidential
Skills Required : Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, listening, oral and no-verbal)
Ability to fully utilise Windows based software applications
Ability to multi-task
Ability to pay attention to detail in all aspects of work
Ability to liaise with outside agencies
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required) and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT. You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : The Challenger Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to behave in such a way that supports this commitment.
Appointment to this post will be subject to pre-employment checks.
A start date for successful job applicants will not be confirmed until clearance from all pre-employment checks have been obtained.
Please note that the DBS check will reveal ALL convictions, reprimands, cautions and bind overs even if considered as spent within the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. As this post is a regulated activity, a DBS check is essential
The map below shows the employer's location