Job Title : School Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Holywell Church of England Middle School
Location : Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0JA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Education
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11955
Brief Description : To work in a busy school office, meeting and greeting visitors, parents and pupils in a polite and friendly manner. Taking telephone calls, passing messages on, typing letters and using spreadsheets. Photocopying, scanning and printing.
Qualifications Required : Educated to GCSE Level for English, Maths and IT, Grades A-C or equivalent
Vacancy Detail : To work in a busy school office, meeting and greeting visitors, parents and pupils in a polite and friendly manner. Taking telephone calls, passing messages on, typing letters and using spreadsheets. Photocopying, scanning and printing. Using data bases to update information.
1. To continually promote and support the ethos and principles of the school and to avoid any action that may be detrimental or prejudicial to the interests of the school.
2. To use computerised packages i.e. Word, Excel for occasionally typing letters, maintaining spreadsheets.
3. Reception duties: To greet visitors/parents to the school and respond to general enquiries.
4. To prepare outgoing post for end of day. Take delivery of the post and other items, distribute as required.
5. To operate the school telephone system, forwarding calls as appropriate and taking messages as required.
6. To operate the school till for the selling of school shop items.
7. To help maintain pupil records using SIMS.Net, to update changes of address, emergency contact numbers etc. To help in connection with new pupils and pupil transfers, including compilation of transfer lists, including filing. (Training will be given).
8. To help record payments received from pupils and staff in respect of educational visits, school photographs etc. and issuing receipts as required.
9. To deal with lost property, ensuring the return of named items and safe storage of unclaimed and unlabelled clothing and equipment.
10. To assist with the care for sick pupils, and contacting parents where required.
11. To assist with ordering of supplies, receiving deliveries of stock, checking against delivery notes and informing intended recipient of any shortages, damage etc.
12. To prepare coffee machine in staffroom in readiness for break time. To load and unload dishwasher and keep surfaces clean and tidy.
13. To photocopy, collate and distribute materials as requested
14. To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
15. To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am to 4pm (Time off to attend college as required)
Salary : £144.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 28/10/2019
Personal Qualities : To be friendly, polite, with a can do attitude
Skills Required : Good organisation skills. Ability to work as a team, to be able to multitask. Be competent in IT skills. To ensure confidentiality at all times.
Future Prospects : To gain experience of a busy school office environment which will enable them to apply for school positions.
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required) and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT. You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : We are a Church of England Academy, you will be required to uphold its good reputation at all times
The map below shows the employer's location