Job Title : Pre-School Apprentice (TERM TIME ONLY)
Employer : Rainbow Pre-School - West Site
Location : Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 0LY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Child Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11867
Brief Description : To work as an active pre-school apprentice. To provide high quality child care by promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all of the children in the setting
Qualifications Required : You will need A*-D in English, Maths (Level 9-3) A Level 2 Childcare qualification (or equivalent) and/or experience is desirable.
Vacancy Detail : To work as an active pre-school apprentice. To provide high quality child care by promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all of the children in the setting
• To work as an active member of the staff team supporting the manager and key workers, learning the role of a pre-school practitioner and key worker.
• To provide high quality, safe education and care to young children
• To help prepare the setting for the daily programme; to help tidy away at the end of the session checking equipment for cleanliness and breakages.
• To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
• To ensure a high level of support and stimulation for all children, with the help and guidance of qualified key workers.
• To attend ALL out of working hours activities, eg training, staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
• To attend training, as agreed at the yearly appraisal, alongside working towards a Level 2 or 3 childcare qualification. To share with the Manager any information gained from training courses.
• To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
• To assist with the preparation of snacks in accordance with our healthy eating accreditation.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school manager/.deputy manager in accordance with the pre-school’s business plan/objectives.
• To help at our holiday club as and when needed.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 7.15am to 3.45pm Monday to Friday 42 weeks per year
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 04/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 17/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Confidence, ability to work as a team, good communication skills, positive attitude and flexibility.
Skills Required : Have the ability to work as part of a team, have sufficient understanding and use of English (verbal and written), awareness of health and safety, be fully committed to equalities and diversities and childcare experience.
Future Prospects : Potential full time employment
Training to be Provided : Early Years Educator NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma, Employment Rights & Responsibilities, Functional Skills in English, ICT and maths. You will study a range of topics including : Health and well-being , Legislation, frameworks and professional practice, Play, development and learning for school readiness, Professional development
Other Information : You will be required to attend college attendance one day a week at Bedford College
Things to consider : This vacancy includes starting at 7.15 to cover breakfast club
The map below shows the employer's location