Job Title : Business Administrative / HR Apprentice (TERM TIME ONLY)
Employer : Springfield Lower School
Location : Kempston, Bedfordshire, MK42 7LJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11877
Brief Description : To provide administrative, financial and organisational services to CMAT schools within Kempston. These are currently Kempston Challenger Academy, Daubeney Academy and Springfield Primary School.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent, including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : To provide administrative, financial and organisational services to CMAT schools within Kempston. These are currently Kempston Challenger Academy, Daubeney Academy and Springfield Primary School.
- To deal with reception / visitor matters including staff, internal and external visitors, parents and pupils
- Attend training and development as required
- Take direction from senior colleagues
- Undertake typing and word processing and complex IT based tasks
- Provide administrative and organisational support to staff and governing body
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the school
- To co-ordinate the Academy website, keeping all areas current and updated.
- To assist with the management of the Academy Twitter and Facebook accounts ensuring that they are always current and regularly updated.
- Monitor and maintain management information and record systems
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the school reports process and data collection systems
- Ensure all pupil records on MIS are accurate and kept up to date
- Work alongside the Student support teams to provide data / administrative support as required
- Monitor pupil absences and work with Education Welfare Officer as appropriate.
- Administer the School’s admissions and withdrawal procedures maintaining accurate numbers on roll.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.00 - 4.00 Monday to Thursday, 8.00 - 3.30 on Friday TERM TIME ONLY
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Hardworking
Team working ability
Skills Required : - Organised
- Punctuality and reliability
- Willingness to learn
Future Prospects : The potential of full time employment
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required) and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT. You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : This is a term time only role.
The map below shows the employer's location