Job Title : Hairdressing Apprentice
Employer : Renesons Hair and Beauty
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2EH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hair
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11845
Brief Description : This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a Level 2 Hairdressing qualification to continue to progress in their career and develop their existing skills as a Level 3 Apprentice for Renesons Hair and Beauty salon.
Qualifications Required : To have completed a Level 2 Hairdressing qualification, including maths and English
Vacancy Detail : This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a Level 2 Hairdressing qualification to continue to progress in their career and develop their existing skills as a Level 3 Apprentice for Renesons Hair and Beauty salon.
You will be working as a fully operative Level 2 qualified Hairdresser with us whilst attending training and working towards an advanced apprenticeship framework, proving Level 3 treatments and services following competent assessments. As an Advanced Apprentice you will be expected to:
- Carry out reception duties including answering the telephone, arranging appointments and operate the computer in a professional manner
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy and making refreshments.
- To carry out hairdressing services and treatments including, cutting, styling, perming and colouring
- To work professionally and adhere to dress code and code of conduct at all times
- To support and facilitate work experience in the salon
- To ensure products containing chemicals are used and stored correctly.
- To work effectively in a team; supporting, training and assisting Level 1 and 2 learners
- To make sure towels and supplies are ready for use
- At the days end, ensure the salon , work stations and equipment is clean and ready for the next day
- To attend staff meetings and contribute towards salon developments
- To complete and achieve Level 3 hairdressing assessments within the set time frame
- To complete and achieve if required Level 2 Functional skills in mathematics and English within set time frame
- Building salon client base and general skill progression in all aspects of hairdressing
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 38
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Bubbly, confident, and professional personality
Skills Required : Good customer service skills
Future Prospects : Full time position
Training to be Provided : Hairdressing City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma plus….Employment Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: Consultation, Creative styling, Creative colouring, Creative cutting, Men’s hair cutting
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location