Job Title : Civil Engineering Technician Apprentice
Employer : Scott White & Hookins
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 0AQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11820
Brief Description : To work on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
Qualifications Required : You will need to have GCSE grades A*- C (9-4) in English and maths, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : To work on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
Main duties will include:
1. Generally work normal hours of employment.
2. Keeping abreast of relevant technical matters.
3. Making every effort to maintain good working relationships.
4. Carry out the technical duties and tasks assigned to them ensuring the efficient use of resources.
5. Carry out administrative duties and tasks assigned to them.
6. Carry out training activities as directed by the Technicians and Secretaries.
7. Use AutoCAD and relevant office computer systems appropriate to the duties and tasks.
8. Ensuring designs and details produced comply with the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice.
9. Answer telephone promptly and efficiently, with a pleasant manner as directed by the Secretaries.
10. Carrying out the administrative duties and tasks assigned to them in accordance with Business Management System.
11. Undertaking selected responsibilities for relevant tasks as may be directed by the Office Manager and Technicians.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm which includes 1 day at College
Salary : £165.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : An interest in Civil and Structural Engineering.
Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
Willingness to attend college to study relevant BTEC, HNC or HND in Civil or Structural Engineering.
Ambition to work towards achieving TEng status with IStructE or ICE
Skills Required : Good organisation skills.
Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
Good presentation skills.
Future Prospects : The role will offer you a valuable foundation into a career in construction as part of an Engineering Consultancy. It will allow you to understand the roles within the consultancy so you can choose your next steps within a career as a Structural/ Civil Technician or Engineer.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Construction & The Built Environment BTEC Level 3 Diploma
•Civil Engineering Pearson Level 3 NVQ Diploma
•Employment Rights and Responsibilities
•Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
•Functional Skills in English and maths
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Construction and the built environment
•Further mathematics in construction
•Science and materials
•Construction technology and design
•Surveying in construction and civil engineering
•Structural analysis and design
Other Information : Help around the office, examples being recycling and tea rota.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : Office based, with one day study at Bedford College
Answering the telephone
The map below shows the employer's location