Job Title : Engineering Technical Support Apprentice
Employer : Traka Plc
Location : Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 5EA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11818
Brief Description : This is an opportunity to join a company which is considered the world leader in innovative access control. During your apprenticeship you will build the products, install the products on customer sites and support the technical issues that may arise.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including English, maths and science , or equivalent, or a technical subject such as engineering or product design. Alternatively you can progress from a relevant Level 2 Intermediate apprenticeship programme.
Vacancy Detail : This is an opportunity to join a company which is considered the world leader in innovative access control. During your apprenticeship you will build the products, install the products on customer sites and support the technical issues that may arise.
• Assemble and test cabinets and products to correct processes and procedures.
• Work to quality control procedures for build and checking.
• Work with production team leader and production team members to ensure the effective implementation of all production build plans.
• Work alongside and as part of production team.
• Ensure tools are used correctly and maintained.
• Packaging of systems for shipping
• Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures within department and warehouse and ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
• To perform other duties as assigned by the manager from time to time.
• Ensure systems are ready for installation
• Assist in loading/offloading of equipment
• Provide onsite support with cabinet and locker installations at various sites throughout the UK
• Become involved in the entire installation process whilst onsite.
• To provide 1st line telephone or dial in support dealing with our customers and worldwide distributors.
• Investigating faults and technical issues, documenting and following up to closure.
Reporting bugs to R&D and working with R&D to provide resolution to customer issues.
• The creation of firmware and software license codes.
• Planning engineering resource management in timely and cost effective manner
• Raising appropriate site paperwork for engineers and ensuring its return and completion
• Booking and recording of all maintenance/servicing visits.
• General administration within the customer services department.
Any other duties required to assist in supporting the achievement of the Company objectives.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs p/w Monday-Friday
Salary : £192.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Hardworking
• Team player
• Good communications skills, written and oral, in English
• Must be motivated and keen to work to high standards.
• Willingness to learn new tasks.
Skills Required : • A general aptitude for technical products
• IT skills
• A competency in Electronics and Engineering Maintenance.
• Functional competencies:
• Able to follow written instructions and keep written records.
• Steady hand and good hand to eye co-ordination.
• Able to work accurately in a methodical way with attention to detail.
• Commitment to self-development.
• Willingness and flexibility as regards working on different types of products and in different areas
• Focused on delivering exceptional customer service
Future Prospects : Further qualifications including HNC in Engineering
A career in Engineering or other relevant departments such as Project Management and Technical Support
Training to be Provided : Engineering Technical Support NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma, EAL Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma, BTEC or VRQ. Plus English, maths and ICT Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. You will study a range of topics including: Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
Other Information : During the engineering module of training you will be working all over the country and possibly have some nights away from home.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : During the production module of training you will be working within a factory environment.
During the Technical Support module of training you will be based within an office environment with long periods of working on a computer.
The map below shows the employer's location