Job Title : HR Apprentice
Employer : Charles Wells Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 4LU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11806
Brief Description : Providing administrative HR support to the department, the HR Apprentice is a vital asset to the team to ensure day to day tasks run smoothly and provide great customer service to employees and stakeholders.
Qualifications Required : GCSE's pass in Maths and English A*- C (9-4) and above
Vacancy Detail : Providing administrative HR support to the department, the HR Apprentice is a vital asset to the team to ensure day to day tasks run smoothly and provide great customer service to employees and stakeholders.
Due to Company growth an exciting opportunity has arisen at Charles Wells for a HR Apprentice to join the team!
The individual will advance their personal development through providing administrative support to the HR team, and have a willingness to learn and develop a career in Human Resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- PA Admin support for the team e.g. booking meeting rooms, co-ordinating training and looking after visitors on site. To be the 1st point of contact for the department
-Payroll admin e.g. looking after weekly payroll admin, and historical payroll records, liaising with outsourced payroll
- Looking after new starters and leavers & supporting with applicant tracking system & communicating with relevant external and internal stakeholders
- Dealing with all employee reference requests
- Upkeeping employee records
- Managing correspondence letters e.g. annual bonus/pay increase letters, mail merging & producing reports for HR team and stakeholders when required
- Ad-hoc note taking when required
Reporting to the HR Manager you will become a part of a cosy team of 5.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:15 36.25 hours per week
Salary : £158.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 26/08/2019
Personal Qualities : - Excellent time management and organisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and reliable
- Works well under pressure and confident with dealing with difficult situations
- Outgoing and friendly
- Great customer service skills
- Team player
- Keen interest in HR
Skills Required : - Computer literate, there are a lot of system based tasks
- Preferred candidate to have a driving license and own personal vehicle if not they need to be aware of public transport routes
Future Prospects : If there is a full-time position available hopefully they would step into this position, however we cannot 100% gurantee that after the term a permenant position would be available.
Training to be Provided : The Certificate in HR Practice includes the following units:
•Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information
•Performance and Reward Management
•Managing Employee Relations
•Developing Yourself as an Effective HR Practitioner
On-programme assessment – includes Level 3 CIPD qualification assessed via assignments and preparation of Consultative Project.
End Point Assessment (EPA) assessed via Consultative Project and Professional Discussion.
English and Maths Level 2 (if required) assessed via exams.
Other Information : Looking to recruit around August 2019 - cannot give an exact start date, if the perfect candidate is found earlier then potentially July, September 1st at the latest.
**VACANCY MAY CLOSE EARLY DUE TO HIGH VOLUME**
Things to consider : There may be a requirement for the candidate to travel to pubs accross the country, so therefore a car would be idyllic
We are moving sites estimated June 2020 - still in Bedford but again as an FYI for transport
The map below shows the employer's location