Job Title : Tool-room Technician Apprentice
Employer : Crane Building Services & Utilities
Location : Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0UD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11772
Brief Description : Crane Building Services & Utilities are looking to recruit an Apprentice Tool-Room Technician to train in the development, repair and maintenance of tooling on our manufacturing site.
Qualifications Required : GCSE, or equivalent, Maths, English and Science grade A*-D (9-3) or above
Vacancy Detail : We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice as a Tool-Room Technician.
You will have a keen interest in the world of manufacturing and engineering. The initial training will be broad based leading to a permanent role as a Tool-Room Technician.
As a Tool-Room Technician you will support the organisation by repairing and maintaining tooling on our site. This will help us to reduce disruption to production and work of other departments caused by machine or equipment failure. The Tool-Room Technician is also involved in the development of new tooling to support manufacturing to reduce processing time.
On a daily basis you may be asked to:
• Support a planned programme to maintain our trimmers, punches, expander blocks etc.
• Identify spare part requirements and maintain supplier details.
• Manage the spare parts store (expander shafts, gears, etc.) and ensure parts are kept at a minimum level.
• Develop jigs and new tooling
• Review and update equipment drawings with any changes.
• Follow safe working Health and Safety practices
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 37.5 hours a week
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2019
Personal Qualities : What we are looking for in you is that you:
• Have an interest in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
• Are practical and have a ‘hands-on’ approach and enjoy problem solving
where you can fix and make things
• Are able to work independently
• Are flexible in your approach and around working hours in order to meet business needs
• Have a ‘can-do’ positive attitude at all times.
• Demonstrate initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
Skills Required : Excellent communication skills
Able to solve problems logically and find practical solutions
Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector and the commitment to a 4 year apprenticeship
Any engineering experience (hobbies or engineering subjects at school) would be an advantage.
Future Prospects : We believe in developing our own talent and from this role candidates could move into technical roles including Process Engineering and also into operational management roles.
Training to be Provided : Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 2 Diploma (QCF) – with bias to match your chosen pathway
Other Information : There is an emphasis on safe working practices at Crane and individuals must comply with organisational safety requirements.
Things to consider : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location