Job Title : HR Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Millbrook, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11718
Brief Description : Undertaking general HR duties and being the first point of call for all staff. You will have the ability to make an impact on the business by providing strong administrative support to the HR team.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs A*-C / 9-4 including English and maths.
Vacancy Detail : Undertaking general HR duties and being the first point of call for all staff. You will have the ability to make an impact on the business by providing strong administrative support to the HR team.
Roles and responsibilities
• Ensuring all new starters are processed through Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) referencing
• Updating staff records on Cornerstone
• Booking staff medicals and appointments with Occupational Health
• Removing leavers from the company systems
• Checking invoices from agencies against Dynamics and charge sheets
• Management of training administration
• Raising purchase orders as requested
• Supporting the HR Team with administration tasks
• To provide reception cover where required (lunch breaks, holiday, etc.)
• Filing of staff paperwork
• Updating the HR skills matrix
• Take meeting minutes as required by the team
• Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times
Time will be spent with the Recruitment and Payroll teams on an ad-hoc basis to understand and learn processes.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Salary : £269.23 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Flexible and adaptable
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
• High level of confidentiality and integrity
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Keen desire to achieve academically
Skills Required : • Excellent communication skills – oral and in writing
• Fully proficient in MS office
• Strong customer focus
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong team player
Future Prospects : HR Administrator and HR Advisor.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ICT
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Record and document production
•Planning and organisation
•Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : • Due to the location of Millbrook within Bedfordshire, the post holder will need to provide their own transport as no public transport is available
• Willing to undergo a DBS disclosure check
• Demonstrate an interest in developing a career in HR, including undertaking the CIPD qualification.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location