Job Title : Test & Assembly Technician Apprentice - Phase2 Microwave Ltd
Employer : Phase 2 Microwave Ltd
Location : Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 4QX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11714
Brief Description : A small engineering company with a large technology base, Phase2 Microwave is a Telecommunications company specialising in design, manufacture and consultancy of microwave products.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D / 9-3 or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
Vacancy Detail : Primarily we specialise in passive microwave filters, however we also design and produce a varied range of related products, components and sub-systems. We are ever broadening our horizons and developing additional products lines utilising our vast engineering skill and design software. We are looking to employ an enthusiastic technician, in electronics or a related subject area.
Skills needed :-
1. Aptitude to learn new skills and technologies
2. Operate various test and measurement equipment such as a Network Analyser.
3. Good practical hand skills to undertake intricate assembly including some accurate work using microscopes.
4. Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel, to enable you to carry out basic data recording and analysis.
5. Previous experience in test and assembly of microwave telecoms product is an advantage but not essential as full training can be provided to the right candidate.
6. An aspiration to advance from production into engineering will be welcomed and encouraged if you have the aptitude and discipline required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5hpw Monday- Friday 9:00-17:00
Salary : £262.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/02/2019
Personal Qualities : Mature and self disciplined. The work environment is relaxed and requires good self-motivation
Skills Required : An interest and basic knowledge of electronics and excellent manual dexterity
Future Prospects : To become fully a qualified engineer
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 2 Diploma (QCF) – with bias to match your chosen pathway
•Industrial Environment Awareness Level 2 Award in (QCF)
•English and maths Functional Skills
•Employee Rights & Responsibilities
•Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Things to consider : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location