Job Title : Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Employer : Dawn til Dusk Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9QZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11695
Brief Description : Do you have a Childcare qualification? Do you want a rewarding career working with children for an expanding and dynamic company? If so, we want to hear from you.
Qualifications Required : You will need your English and Maths GCSE A*-C / 9-4, plus a Level 2 Childcare qualification and/or experience is desirable.
Vacancy Detail : Do you have a Childcare qualification? Do you want a rewarding career working with children for an expanding and dynamic company? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our Apprentice Early Years Educator vacancy is based at our brand new, state of the art Pre School in the Wixams. If you are looking to progress in your childcare education and career, there is no better place to start. With a strong forest school ethos, Early Years Teacher lead and an Outstanding reputation, Dawn Until Dusk LTD strive for excellence and will support you to become an outstanding Early Years Educator. We provide free uniform, free childcare, free training opportunities, continued professional development support and a bonus scheme.
We are Dawn Until Dusk LTD and we are excited to announce that we are now recruiting for staff at our brand new, state of the art, Pre-School in the Wixams!
To work as part of a team to ensure a successful, high quality childcare provision, ensuring that high standards and expectations are met and children receive excellent quality care and education.
- The preparation, completion and evaluation of activities to suit the child’s development stage and next steps.
- To provide comfort to upset children, to assist them with hygiene and toileting where required and to be sensitive around this.
- To be a Key Worker and build solid and robust relationships with the child and their parents.
- Ensure all records of learning and development are fully and accurately maintained, including observations, photos, planning, parent communication books and next steps.
- Ensuring the accuracy of child registers for key children and for other children in their care.
- Deploying themselves appropriately in the room to ensure all children are within sight and hearing to maintain standards of learning and care.
- Ensuring that practice and provision in the setting meets the requirements of the EYFS.
- Maintaining staff awareness of key practices within the Setting, e.g. health and safety, food hygiene, administering of first aid, fire drill procedures, in accordance with the code of practice.
- To create, support and oversee effective planning in accordance with the EYFS.
- To manage the quality of resources within the Setting, including maintenance of materials and equipment alongside the Management team.
- To conform to and exceed the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and continually looking for ways to enhance learning and development for those children within the EYFS age range.
-Be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
-To promote the aims and objectives of the Setting and the Company.
-To promote the high standards of the Setting at all times to parents/carers, staff and visitors.
-To liaise with the Manager and Head Office in showing parents/carers around the Setting facilities and sending out information if required.
-To have a robust knowledge of Safeguarding and ensure all children are secure and well cared for.
-To ensure that they and staff comply at all times to the Setting’s policies, procedures and standards including health and safety, hygiene, inclusion, confidentiality, etc.
-Liaise with parents/carers, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given.
-To lead by example to ensure outstanding practice at all times.
-Establishing and maintaining effective communications links with the Local Authority and other professional bodies associated with the Setting as appropriate.
-To understand the process around accidents / bumps and slips in the setting and how to complete the accident forms.
-To prepare food and drink for the children in line with hygiene and health requirements.
-To share responsibility for health and safety and cleanliness throughout the setting.
-To be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
-To work closely with all members of staff and communicate effectively.
-To be honest and open and share ideas for the better of the setting.
-To build strong relationships with all members of staff, regardless of their level within the organisation.
-To attend all staff meetings, training and open days as appropriate.
-This job description works alongside those of all other personnel.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
At Dawn Until Dusk we want to work with children, parents and the community to ensure the safety and protection of children.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs Mon-Fri 10am-6pm
Application Deadline Date : 20/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/02/2019
Personal Qualities : We are looking for a kind and caring candidate who is patient, passionate about child care, willing to work in line within our outdoor play ethos and someone who can work cohesively within our team. The desired applicant will be hard working, effective at time management and reliable.
Skills Required : - Personal/communication skills
- Experience working with children.
The desired applicant will be hard working, effective at time management and reliable.
Future Prospects : We aim for the successful candidate to progress within our company, taking on extra responsibilities and inspiring others within the team.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Children & Young People Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma
•Employment Rights & Responsibilities
•Functional Skills in English, ICT and maths
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics structured around four main themes:
•Health and well-being
•Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
•Play, development and learning for school readiness
Other Information : Hours are subject to change, we can be flexible to the right candidate.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : Please make sure you dress appropriately for the weather as our outdoor play ethos means that we expect staff to be willing to go outside, regardless of the weather.
The map below shows the employer's location