Job Title : Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Air Equipment
Location : Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1ED
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11676
Brief Description : To become a multi skilled engineer while working on air compressors. The suitable candidate can continue with their apprenticeship upto and including HND level.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D / 9-3 or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
Vacancy Detail : To become a multi skilled engineer while working on air compressors. The suitable candidate can continue with their apprenticeship upto and including HND level.
The apprentice will work along side our senior engineers:-
- Installing Air Compressors,
- Repairing Air Compressors
- Servicing Industrial air compressors.
- Training provided in working with all types of compressors, in understanding their complete mechanical / pneumatic / installation function
- Our clients range from small dental compressors in a clinical environment to large manufacturing plants.
- Air Equipment is ISO9001 and safecontractor registered and take health and safety and quality professionally to meet our clients demands.
- The apprentice will have on the job training, manufactures training, out sourced health and safety training as well as college release.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs p/w Mon-Fri 8.00am-5.00pm
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/12/2018
Possible Start Date : 07/01/2019
Personal Qualities : - To be able to work will all our members of staff.
- To be presentable when working on customers site.
- A willingness to learn.
Skills Required : - A want to learn.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of electricity.
- Good at maths and sciences.
- Suitable IT and computer skills.
Future Prospects : The sucessfull applicant can continue their education to HND level and be able to work on their own on as a competent engineer.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 2 Diploma (QCF) – with bias to match your chosen pathway
•Industrial Environment Awareness Level 2 Award in (QCF)
•English and maths Functional Skills
•Employee Rights & Responsibilities
•Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Working safely in an engineering environment
•Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
•Using and communicating technical Information
Other Information : Possible working away.
Must be flexible to meet the customers needs, early starts or late finishes.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : The job can be indoors and outdoors. In the summer it can be hot in the plant rooms and in the winter can be very cold. Some times it can be dirty work and physically demanding.
The map below shows the employer's location