Job Title : Human Resources Apprentice
Employer : Flamingo Flowers Ltd
Location : Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2AJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11401
Brief Description : Flamingo Flowers are looking for an apprentice to help their HR team function and to develop a range of skills including completing HR administration tasks.
Qualifications Required : • English and Maths GCSE minimum C grade.
• Minimum of 2 A’levels (or 2 BTEC National Level 3)
• Sound IT skills and working knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
• Car driving licence holder with use of own vehicle.
Vacancy Detail : Flamingo Flowers are looking for an apprentice to help their HR team function and to develop a range of skills including completing HR administration tasks.
• To learn and develop a range of HR administration skills to support the HR function.
• To provide a personable, efficient and confidential service to the Company’s management team and its employees.
• To conduct compliance checks on agency worker documentation and accurately maintain the agency databases.
• To record absence information and maintain accurate and timely records to enable further action when required.
• To co-ordinate Occupational Health appointments and notification to employees.
• To support the weekly employee recruitment process through internal and external advertisements, arranging interviews and dealing with outcome letters.
• To maintain personnel records in an organised and timely manner.
• To co-ordinate internal training requirements for H&S.
• To deliver induction training when required.
• To conduct English & Numeracy Assessments.
• To provide the HR team with other general administration support.
• To answer HR telephones and deal with enquiries where possible or pass on clear and concise messages for others to deal with.
• Work professionally with other members of the HR team.
• Support management and employees across Flamingo Flower/Plant sites.
• Deal with external contacts in a professional manner.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37hrs pw Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm
Salary : £267.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/05/2018
Possible Start Date : 04/06/2018
Personal Qualities : • Possess a true interest in people and their behaviours and traits.
• Display a personable but professional image.
• Understand and be respectful of the need for complete confidentiality.
• Willing to be flexible and to learn and develop.
• A good completer finisher.
• A proactive, can do, positive demeanour.
• Be trustworthy and reliable.
Skills Required : • First class communication skills – able to be clear and concise.
• Be able to use good English language and grammar in both spoken and written contexts.
• Good core numeracy skills.
• Have excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills.
Future Prospects : This Apprentice position will be supported to work towards the achievement of CIPD Certificates in HR Practice Level/HR Support Level 3 or alternatively CIPD Human Resource Management Level 5.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Human Resource Management CIPD Level 3 Certificate
Other Information : This Apprentice position will be supported to work towards the achievement of CIPD Certificates in HR Practice Level/HR Support Level 3 or alternatively CIPD Human Resource Management Level 5.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : This Job Description is not a definitive list of the responsibilities associated with this role and may therefore be added to and/or amended according to business needs, in line with the reasonable remit of capabilities you would expect to be associated with this type of position.
The map below shows the employer's location